Re: TV Guide is not in widescreen format
Curious12341
This is strange. On my menu, settings>audio&video>Video settings does not list a graphic settings option. It lists video format (set to 720p/16:9), sd overide (off), TV type (16:9) and help. No graphic settings, though.
0 Likes
FrustratedUser22
Enthusiast - Level 2

My Cisco DVR also has this problem since the Nov/Dec 2013 system update.   Before this update, it would only be in 4:3 mode when viewing an SD station.  I've had other video syncing issues when some commercials play now especially one in 4:3 format.  My Receiver and TV if connected directly would blank out to re-sync.   Sometimes the commercial appears to be HD, but it still does a re-sync.  Never happened before the Nov/Dec 2013 update.

If I'm in the TV Guide screen, it will blank the whole thing to re-sync even though the video is only playing in the small box in the corner.  Very annoying.

0 Likes
kh7771
Enthusiast - Level 1

@djkhalid wrote:

Had the same problem myself; here's the solution.

Settings > Audio & Video > Video Settings > Graphics Settings > Change from SD to HD

THANK YOU!!!!

This is the correct solution.

This isn't a hardware restriction, it's a setting that gets reset on software upgrades.

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

Unless something changed with later versions, it was suppose to be a hardware restriction for the 6xxx when they went to 1.9 and 1.9.1.  A did not see anything in the 1.9.5 doc that said it was changed in 1.9.5.  At least one person mentioned they could not see the option to set to HD guide,  This is correct with at least with 1.9.1 as it doesn't show up except for Motorola 7xxx and Cisco boxes.

0 Likes
Jeff_in_Burke

Yep that did it.   Thanks

0 Likes
jgia

Thank you so much, it's fix now and back to normal! 👍👍👍

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

As this thread is now over two years old, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes