Re: TV Guide
armstrda
Enthusiast - Level 2
What's funny about this is that I came home tonight, and had a message on my box that it was updated... not sure what the update was since I was already on 1.6. However, now I noticed that How It's Made is set to tape about 40 times in the next two weeks because guess what?  The new flag is set on every airing of the show!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
0 Likes
sal56

I agree completely with all the other comments already made about the atrocious lack of information contained in the Guide. Generic descriptions are meaningless and why not have the actors listed for each movie? Often I will watch something that would not have drawn my attention because of the cast. Browsing in equally infuriating. When I had Comcast I could search days ahead OR Back if necessary. With the guide I can't even simply select a show that is coming on one minute ahead. I don't want to set a reminder, I just want to change the channel by hitting one button. But no, I need to exit out with the insufferable delay (which is even worse with VOD, by the way) and then key in my channel.

I can only hope someone at Verizon is listening; your user interface is a joke.

0 Likes
armstrda
Enthusiast - Level 2
One more piece of awesomeness I noticed last night while browsing... Did you know that TBS plays NEW episodes of The Office, Sex and the City, and Seinfeld?  Not to mention every other show that is on TBS's guide!!!  I was only aware of TBS having one original show (that comedy guy)...  This guide is useless!
0 Likes
NewFiosLover271
Tomorrow the sun will come out.... when I say, BYE BYE Fios Guide and hello my old friend (love/hate relationship), Dish Network guide.
0 Likes
armstrda
Enthusiast - Level 2

I was browsing the support page today,and look what VZ has put in the help now.

The program information in the guide that was provided to Verizon was not unique, and therefore may not record properly. This can happen occassionally with a small number of programs.

Available here:

http://www22.verizon.com/ResidentialHelp/FiOSTV/Receivers/Troubleshooting/QuestionsOne/122779.htm

Small number of programs?  I'm not sure how they calculate small....

0 Likes
wile_e_coyote
Enthusiast - Level 2
{keep it relevant} If Verizon is really monitoring this forum, then they must realize the problem they have with the guide. We are paying too much $$$$ to have to put up with junk a first grader could write.
Message Edited by KaLin on 10-11-2008 09:15 PM
0 Likes
Cokeman
Enthusiast - Level 3

I was flipping through the channels tonite and noticed that Sunday Night Football was LISTED in the guide on TWO channels, The usual NBC and also on ABC! Now everyone that follows football knows that SNF is ALWAYS on NBC. ABC was showing its normal lineup, but what if someone had a scheduled recording on for ABC?

Come on Verizon, hasn't there been enough said on these forums short of begging and pleading to PLEASE GET A NEW PROVIDER FOR THE GUIDE!!!!!!! I don't want extra widgets, etc. I WANT A RELIABLE GUIDE!!!!!!! This should be priority NUMBER ONE!!!!

0 Likes
NotarySojac
Enthusiast - Level 3

@armstrda wrote:

I forgot one of the main reasons that I ended up posting here (along with the no help from calling customer service).  I tried the online customer service email support, and here is the thread that ensued...

So far, the only thing worse than the FYI guide 'info" is Verizon's email support robot. I have kept several moronic exchanges like this to amuse and appall friends.

These forums seem to be the only source of information or support available to us. I hope they prove to be reliable

0 Likes
Whipsnade
For me the only thing worse then the Verizon guide is their phone service.  Their guide is the worst by far of any that I have seen and that's been a few.  Their phone service should be an embarrassment to the company. Does anyone at Verizon even look at these things and try them?
Message Edited by Whipsnade on 10-20-2008 09:39 AM
0 Likes
wile_e_coyote
Enthusiast - Level 2
To KATHLEEN AND ICEWATER: If you two cannot help the tv guide problem, can you tell us who to contact? I didn't think it was possible, but the guide has gotten worse! This is absolutely ludicrous.