TV Input / DVD Player
DonnaW
Enthusiast - Level 3

Have had FIOS for 2 months. Was instructed by the installer that in order to use DVD player to change the input on the TV from HDMI to TV. Have been doing that frequently, and it has worked just fine.

Last night I tried to watch a DVD and when changing the input to TV all I got was a scrolling grey screen on which I could make out the word DVD.

Tried again today with same results, so I scrolled thru the different inputs and the DVD player worked on AV2.

Just curious. The only damage is I had another drink.  Thanks,  Donna

0 Likes
Re: TV Input / DVD Player
Keyboards
Master - Level 3

Well, have another drimk Smiley Happy .  There is nothing that FiOS can do that changes the input your TV sees the DVD player on - it would take a physical change of the signal inputs to do that.  Is it possible that your DVD is connected by both coax (to the TV input) and RCA cables (to AV2)?

Just a thought, what channel is the TV input tuned to - it has to match the RF output of the DVD player (usually either channel 3 or 4 - try both).

0 Likes
DonnaW
Enthusiast - Level 3

By "a physical change of the signal inputs inputs" does that mean

changing the configuration of the connections - not done  or

doing something dumb with the remote

Really don't know how it is connected to the TV, and it is too hard to get at as long as it works

Think it is connected to the TV only

The TV is on Channel 3 which it supposed to be and 3 is the only channel HDMI will work on for TV viewing

Tried Channel 4 with the DVR -     will work with either TV or AV2 input

I've never taken it off Channel 3

I'm going for another drink.  Thanks for your help.

0 Likes
Keyboards
Master - Level 3

Glad to have helped.

By physically changing connections I meant getting behind the TV and moving wires, which you obviously didn't do.  I have to assume the installer hooked up both RF (TV input) and direct video / audio (AV2).  Given the choice, you should get a better picture with the AV2 input as well as stereo sound (the RF is mono only).

As for the TV being on channel 3 for HDMI, pardon my bluntness, but that just makes no sense.  The HDMI input is pure digital and doesn't use the TV tuner so channel setting is totally irrelevant.

Enjoy the drinks and your AV setup Smiley Wink

0 Likes