TV Messages
Holly1
Contributor - Level 3

For the last few days the TV messages is not working.When you click on Messages, it says: ERROR

DATA CURRENTLY NOT AVAILABLE TRY AGAIN LATER. I rebooted one of our HDTV STBS and after rebooting it worked once. But when I tried again later it said next to messages (NEW).  But when I clicked on messages I got the same error messge again. We have 2 different model STBs so it's not the boxes.I rebooted the 2nd STB too but same problem.

Holly

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: TV Messages
silverado4x4
Contributor - Level 2

I forgot about the message center as I still have that same problem as you, he said it is something in the software update they sent to the boxes and it is being looked at by there software team but I could care a less about that.

In order to get the proper service and someone you can understand you have to call during the day to get someone here in the US and as I said this guy knew what to do to fix my problem no run around and they even called me back today (Sunday) to make sure my problem is still ok,but that software problem is in the hands of the software team.

View solution in original post

PJL
Master - Level 3

@Holly1 wrote:

For the last few days the TV messages is not working.When you click on Messages, it says: ERROR

DATA CURRENTLY NOT AVAILABLE TRY AGAIN LATER. I rebooted one of our HDTV STBS and after rebooting it worked once. But when I tried again later it said next to messages (NEW).  But when I clicked on messages I got the same error messge again. We have 2 different model STBs so it's not the boxes.I rebooted the 2nd STB too but same problem.

Holly

Have you tried rebppting the router or running the troubleshooting procedures in the customer support area of the STB menu?

0 Likes
silverado4x4
Contributor - Level 2

Same thing is happening to me, cant get the messages and caller id stopped working tryed rebooting router- cable boxes disable and re-enable caller id nothing works also getting a message for caller id that it cant be added to my boxes when I had it for years and years. Did get it to work last night then it went out again. All this started when they must have sent a update on Monday morning and it screwed up everything. Going to call tech support but I know I will get someone on the phone that I cant understand and that will just up my blood pressure.

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

Last thing to try is rebooting the ONT.  Disconnect power then disconnect battery,  if you have one.  Wait 20 seconds then reconnect.

0 Likes
silverado4x4
Contributor - Level 2

Well I got on the phone with Verizon tech support very nice lady and she spoke like everybody else here in the US she did get the CID to work but not the messages center still getting the "Data currently not available" please try again later everything has been rebooted. This all started with the update they sent early last week.

Good thing I save all my settings in cloud about every 3 weeks because after the update it wiped out all my favorites and settings on all 3 boxes. It was like starting all over from new.

0 Likes
silverado4x4
Contributor - Level 2

Well the problem in there message center ERROR DATA CURRENTLY NOT AVAILABLE TRY AGAIN LATER message is still there after 2 tech calls one from the phillipeans and the other from costa rica and I still have the problem, they even reloaded all 3 of my boxes to back to factory and it still doesnt work. The guy in the phillipeans told me after almost an hour on the phone with him that his head tech guy told him it was normal so I told him how is an error normal? and he said theres nothing more he could do and hung up on me, got online and he closed the trouble ticket !

Now on the first call from the guy in costa rica he went through the same steps the 2nd guy did and HE HUNG UP ON ME TO after he said he cant fix it. So right now iam pretty **bleep** at Verizon tech support and I cant call someone here in the USA because I work 12hr days during the week and by the time I get home around 7pm and call its is someone from another country, and may I mention now my caller ID is gone again.

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi silverado4x4,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
Holly1
Contributor - Level 3

If you find an answer/solution to the problem with the TV messages please post it here. I think it is probably a software problem that Verizon will have to fix..

Holly

0 Likes
silverado4x4
Contributor - Level 2

My problem has been fixed, Verizon had to send me a new up to date router and apon recieving it I still had the problem so I got on the phone with a guy named Ed and he firgured it out as my new router wasnt communicating with Verizon because it my not have booted up right so once he fixed that 2 of my 3 boxes still did have caller id so he checked on that. The 2 boxes got screwed up on a update that Verizon sent 2 weeeks ago and that is when my problem started it had to do something in the protocall of the boxes so everything is fixed and back to normal thanks to Ed.

Thanks to Ed he has restored my happyness in Verizon tech support, I wish I could give this guy a excellant rating on his job that he did.

0 Likes
Holly1
Contributor - Level 3

Thanks for getting back to me. What about the TV messages? I never had a problem with Caller ID,  but just with TV Messages. If I reboot or click on fix Verizon TV issues, it's fixed one time, but if I go back to TV Messages a second time, it gives me the error message--try later.  This happens on 2 different model HD STBS. I guess I'll just have to do without TV messages as I refuse to call and get the run around.

Holly 

0 Likes