TV One Mini has HDR on even though I did not turn it on
woomyveemo5

I have a Samsung 6 Series 4K tv and I cannot turn off the hdr even though Verizon does not have any hdr programming

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: TV One Mini has HDR on even though I did not turn it on
clem21
MVP MVP
MVP

With firmware version 6.8 there is supposed to be an option to turn on and off HDR. Problem is its NOT automatic,  so you have to re-enable HDR when the program calls for it. It should be in the video settings menu.

View solution in original post

clem21
MVP MVP
MVP

Menu, settings, audio and video settings, video settings,  video format: change to 1080.

@woomyveemo5 wrote:

I have a Samsung 6 Series 4K tv and I cannot turn off the hdr even though Verizon does not have any hdr programming

bosjc

@clem53 wrote:

Menu, settings, audio and video settings, video settings,  video format: change to 1080.

@woomyveemo5 wrote:

I have the same issue on my LG C8 4K TV - changing to any of the resolutions does not solve the problem, unfournately, its basically stuck in HDR mode (when obviously the content isn't).

0 Likes
clem21
MVP MVP
MVP

Have you tried changing resolution in the service menu? My 4100 box is set to 4K60, 444 but is not outputting HDR. It IS outputting bt2020 video however which is a wider color gamut than standard 1080 rec709HD. Your TV should be set for auto color gamut or you will be seeing incorrect colors. Maybe your TV is incorrectly reporting the advanced color gamut as HDR?

TheMaestro335
Enthusiast - Level 2

That is not the Fix! My set is on auto color. All my other devices with HDR, Roku, Ultra Blueray player all detect properly. There is a major problem with the remote box. Does not happen with the DVR. I was on the phone with a Tier3 tech for one hour with no fix. I think the problem sarts when you login to Netflix and watch a program with HDR. Once you go back to TV cable it is stuck on HDR. How do you get into the service menu?

0 Likes
Final442

I have this same problem with my Sony TV. Ever since the last update to the mini IPC4100 box, the TV believes that all channels are being output as HDR and changes the TV picture settings to HDR which is a problem. 

I have not used Netflix or any other Widget that may have HDR on the box. Is there a plan for a new update or a fix that can be used to avoid this? I have tried all of the regular video settings and multiple re-boots without any resolution. 

0 Likes
TheMaestro335
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hello all please open a ticket with tech support. They know nothing about 4k tech. They jumped in prematurely to keep up with other venders. Once again I was on the phone with a senior tech and he concluded that it was my tv and they have not heard any complaints? I told him to check my acct notes from a month ago. The senior tech who worked with me and opened a network ticket. He actually told me to turn off CEC on theTV. I told them the latest firmware caused this major problem!

0 Likes
clem21
MVP MVP
MVP

@TheMaestro335 wrote:

That is not the Fix! My set is on auto color. All my other devices with HDR, Roku, Ultra Blueray player all detect properly. There is a major problem with the remote box. Does not happen with the DVR. I was on the phone with a Tier3 tech for one hour with no fix. I think the problem sarts when you login to Netflix and watch a program with HDR. Once you go back to TV cable it is stuck on HDR. How do you get into the service menu?

Service menu: power off at box, menu 2x on remote, should see menu with white bkgd. Left arrow, select user, go in there and you should see options, some more  in additional HDMI options. Don't know if anything there will help. Don't have a 4k TV on mini, only main box. Sony TV, no HDR issues with that. Don't know of any way to revert to previous firmware.

TheMaestro335
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks, I will try this but I don’t think this command works with new mini. I think the first tech I worked with had me try it. The only way I stopped the HDR was to set the video res to 1080P. Unplug, and take off Coax cable reinstall power back up and it stopped sending HDR. If I change the res back to 4k the HDR is forced again.

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

What's the impact?