Re: TV One Mini has HDR on even though I did not turn it on
TheMaestro335
Enthusiast - Level 2

It doesn’t work. Unless people start to complain about the obvious problem Verizon will never fix it! 

Seeker1437
Community Leader
Community Leader

To try and sum this up:

For people who have 4K Televisions with HDR support, people are seeing HDR enabled even on content that is SDR (like live broadcast) and some people are having issues with color pallete. For some people it stays in 4K/HDR or a bad color mode after watching relevent content, for some people it was that way since the update. Some people have found lowering the resolution to 1080p resolves the issue but not for everyone. Some people found rebooting the cable box resolves the issue but not for all, and also it seems to mainly be affecting the Fios TV One Minis.

Is there anything I might have missed?

TheMaestro335
Enthusiast - Level 2

Sounds like you got most of it. I want to add that when I turn off my Auto HDR setting on my TV that only should be activated when a true HDR 4k signal is received the colors are completely washed out. And when I put the resolution to 1080p and unplug the device when I boot up again the colors are washed when set to 1080p on the mini. The second I change back to 2160p HDR is activated again on my tv and stays on even if I set the res to 480p.

This is also being discussed on the DSL forum.

0 Likes
TheMaestro335
Enthusiast - Level 2

I just want to add, I did not see anybody mention when you  lower the resolution it fixes the problem? Only fixes it when you totally boot the system but before you do this you have to set the TV to 1080P. When you boot back up the color in 1080P is washed out. This was not the case before the latest Firmware push. 

0 Likes
Seeker1437
Community Leader
Community Leader

You're right. I just noticed I misread the earlier post. Thanks for the update.

WPJoe

Hi same issue.  My primary Fios One box was working fine.  Then, fo runrelated reason, a tech came and swapped that one with the Mini box that was attached to a different TV.

The mini will only output In HDR.  Tried resetting, etc.  Tech support had no idea.  They are sending a tech out to replace the box...we'll see..

0 Likes
TheMaestro335
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hello I replaced the box and the same thing happened! Good luck. At least now a field tech can report on it. Keep us posted.

0 Likes
Nilsa_VZ
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello All, 

We apologize for this inconvenience. This has been referred to our engineering team who is testing and investigating the issues reported on this thread. Thank you for letting us know. 

The team has advised that they are currently working on a fix to this issue but have not provided an ETA. 

I will let you know once I hear from the team. Thank you for your patience as we work on a fix.

Nilsa

Verizon Logo
Nilsa
Community Manager

Community Manager
Community Manager II
AJ411
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank you Nilsa for letting us know. 

LD_VAD3R
Enthusiast - Level 2

Same issue here on my mini. Reset the box didn’t help. Switched to 1080 didn’t help. Turned off HDR on my Sony and picture is totally washed out. When my Sony reads that the signal is HDR I have horrible light blooming.

0 Likes