Re: TV One Mini has HDR on even though I did not turn it on
clem21
MVP MVP
MVP

Second try posting this: when the Sony sees HDR it makes the brightness max, and chooses bt2020 for color. Try dropping brightness to 50%, color to rec709. Might help..

LD_VAD3R
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi Nilsa,

Any update from the team on a fix?

Thanks!

🙂

0 Likes
Nilsa_VZ
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello LD_VAD3R, 

The teams are still working on this and I will update the community once I hear back from them. 

Thanks. 

Verizon Logo
Nilsa
Community Manager

Community Manager
Community Manager II
stickysocks
Enthusiast - Level 1

Having same problem with my lg oled.... hdr stays on all the time on every channel with my mini only....called Verizon and they have no clue what hdr is and are dumb.

0 Likes
clem21
MVP MVP
MVP

Branch  on DSL Reports forum says there is a firmware update due in June, maybe fix will be in that.

SupportTheTroop
Enthusiast - Level 1

Just my luck.  I buy a new TV (lg b8 oled) and have the same issue.   The TV sees every signal comimg from the wireless mini as an HDR signal no matter what settings I change.  The colors seem off.  Tonight I plan on hooking up an OTA antenna to compare against fios to see how bad it really is.  (It looks pretty bad versus how good netflix and Amazon Prime look.) Hopefully Verizon will provide status on the fix and estimated date.   Thank you

0 Likes
clem21
MVP MVP
MVP

HDR on mini is apparently a known issue. Try turning HDR off on TV and see if it all looks normal, and only enable HDR when watching something that actually is. For now, that may be the only fix.

SupportTheTroop
Enthusiast - Level 1

I was able to get the mini to stop sending the HDR flag to my LG B8 oled.  If I recall the steps correctly, I first set the mini at 1080p (figuring that the tv will do a better job with the 1080p signal than the mini upscaling it). Then I "disconnect this device" on the mini settings menu.  The mini reboots and the HDR flag no longer pops up/displays on the tv.  However I had to do this twice because after the first time I toggled on and off an HD deep color setting on the tv and the HDR flag started appearing again.  I left the tv deep color setting on and disconnected the mini a second time.  No more flag, at least for now. 

Not sure if it is related or not, but now I can't view mini wifi status.  The menu button is there, nothing happens when I select it.  I dont really want to unplug or disconnect the box again for fear the HDR flag will return.         

Question, does anyone know if when the mini connects to a verizon wifi extender (instead of the gateway router) that the wifi status fails to display?

Thank you and I hope this helps someone.

bosjc

So, the latest 6.6 update actually seems to have made things worse. It is now stuck in Dolby Vision for all content, and the Dolby Vision picture modes are worse than just the "normal" HDR picture modes.

0 Likes
clem21
MVP MVP
MVP

Don't have 6.6 here yet, so im sorry to hear its more problematic than the previous one. That was supposed to be fixed.