TV One and home DVR setup?

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

TV One and home DVR setup?

Message 1 of 2
(398 Views)

I have the FIOS Triple Play but I use a cable card and my own home-made DVR setup.

I have had bad luck in the past with paying monthly rental fee for a STB and another monthly fee for DVR, only to have a STB fail and when it was returned to Verizon, so were the DVR recordings I couldn't get back - lost records and lost DVR rental fees.

So, I dumped the STB and DVR services and made my own - Desktop PC with Windows 7 running Windows Media Center, cable card in a Silicondust Prime box, and a four-bay RAID box connected via USB 3 to the desktop PC.  No monthly fees to Verizon, and if the desktop box fails or a drive in the RAID box fails, I just need to replace either, but none of the recorded shows get lost.

And, overall, I save money.

How do things play out these days with TV One for DVR setup these days?

Thank you.

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Gold Contributor VII Gold Contributor VII
Gold Contributor VII

Re: TV One and home DVR setup?

Message 2 of 2
(387 Views)

Will be pretty much the same I believe. TV One with enhanced dvr is $20. And 12 for each additional client. So with a 3 TV setup up will be $56 in equipment charges. If the hard drive on DVR fails or the box has to be replaced then recordings will be lost. 

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.