Re: TV One mini wireless connection
binarymango

I know this is an old thread, but I figured I'd chime in with my experience in case it helps others. I, too, experienced lots of issues when using my TV One Mini over wifi. Pixellation, drops in video/audio, etc. Really bad experience despite it being right next to a Fire TV stick that works *flawlessly* over wifi, so if it's really a signal issue then those Fios TV One Mini boxes have terrible antenna designs. Anyway, my solution was to use a "wifi range extender" that you can buy on Amazon for ~$25. It comes with a single ethernet jack. Simply connect the TV One Mini box to the Wifi range extender via ethernet, and the video is now flawless.

0 Likes
VZUser21

I have same wireless issues with mini pixelating and freezing.  Mini indicates WiFi signal strength is good.  Main box is connected to coaxial and sits 10 feet from mini in adjacent room and through a wall.  Very disappointed in product!  Especially since I had to retire my Orbi router and satellites as they too do not work with mini tv box.  So Verizon took full control and but out a poor product.

0 Likes
JoefromPhilly

Hi, can you explain how you connected up the range extender? I assume it inclued tw devices, correct? What went into each device?

0 Likes
JoefromPhilly

Hi all, I have been having the same issue.  i did confirm with the Verizon tech support guy that the wifi range extender with ethernet cables will work to give you a good signal if you cannot run coax to the room. Also, while on the phone, he changed a channel on the router and my picture freezing issue went away.  To use a range extender. take the base unit and connect it to your router with a Cat6 ethernet cable. Take the remote unit, plug it in near your TV, then insert another Cat6 cable into the remote box and then into the back of your mini. That should work.

0 Likes
JoefromPhilly

One hour after getting off the phone with Verizon tech support, the picture started to freeze again. I got back on the phone with support, and they switched to all possible channels. Picture froze every time. My FIOS extender is a whopping 14 feet away from this set. The tech support guy said that that my problem is being caused by interference on that band from other devices. I told hml that I never had any issues strreaing Netflix or Amazon Prime, so the issue is with their crappy mini box, not my wifi signal (which is also coming from their equipment). Looks like these wifi TV One mini boxes are useless if you get any interference. Time to try Plan B with the range extender that uses your house wiring to carry the signal. 

0 Likes
JoefromPhilly

+1 to having a -45 strength signal, and being only 14 feet from the extender box and having an absolutely TERRIBLE use "experience" on my mini. Worst device I have ever had. Freezes constantly on every router channel, with absolutely no solution from Verizon. If you have this problem,, don't waste your time trying to get an answer or a solution from them. I spent about 2 hours this evening with two techs trying to solve this. No fault on thier part; its just that this box is poorly designed, and no one can solve the problem.

0 Likes
MrKinNJ

Joe, I gave up with the wireless setup and ran coax to all my boxes. Everything works perfectly now. The wireless boxes didn't work with extenders 10 feet away from the boxes. Just not ready for prime time. 

0 Likes
Ech81

We have been having issues since we got these boxes. Which, by the way we were sold on because of the "wireless" aspect. Weve had technicians come out multiple times, waited on hold for help for hours, and made sure all our equipment works and even added extenders. Nothing has fixed the pixelating and pausing issues. Verizon I wish you could fix this or at least give us other options! 

0 Likes
Abcdef1231

I had a Fios one mini box less than 3 feet from the Verizon network extender and it still showed a weak signal and pixelation and sound drop out issues. ReBooted everything several times. These boxes are GARBAGE. I note that all of my other streaming devices work flawlessly

0 Likes
Rymcrss

I have had the same issues consistently and Verizon techs don't know what to do except charge me a tech fee for them just to come out.  Like yourself, I go to the furtherest room away from router with our Mac mini, iPhone, laptops and or iPads and have full bars but with this tv one box, hard to keep a signal.  After this crazy contract, jumping ship to Hulu or Sling... totally frustrated!!!

0 Likes