(2,292 Views)

does fios know this

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Re: TV One mini wireless connection

Message 33 of 56
(2,299 Views)

i only have wifi issues with my mini tv box  everything else works great on wifi

all my signals are good and 

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Message 34 of 56
(2,298 Views)

what model did you buy?

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Message 35 of 56
(2,144 Views)

I have been having the same issue for months now.  They cannot fix and Verizon is not offering much assistance other than me having to dish out more $ for the newest 6 gen. Router.   Unreal

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Message 36 of 56
(1,884 Views)

I had an extender and took it off. The mini that I have is connected to is on the same floor as the main box and less than 20 feet from the router. I tried to connect the mini without the coax cable because I ordered a third mini for my in-laws but I am definitely rethinking it. The mini when it is not attached to the coax and a few feet away from both the main and wifi router still has trouble connecting to the network! 

Highlighted
MVP MVP
MVP

Message 37 of 56
(1,867 Views)

Have you tried going into the routers settings and changing the 5ghz channel to another? This has helped some people with interference issues. Also check for florescent lights near by, they can interfere with the signal too.

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Message 38 of 56
(1,427 Views)

I have struggled with this issue with my mini and my father-in-law was having the same issues.  We tried all of these solutions but what never made sense was that everything else that we streamed worked great - it was just the mini that had issues.  I finally gave up and wired mine in as it worked for me but my in-laws couldn't do that.  I finally decided that it has to be the mini's wifi software.  So, I did a crazy thing that should not work, but does appear to: I purchased a wireless to wired adapter from Amazon that is made to hook up old streaming devices that only have wired connections.  I connected this to the wifi and plugged the mini into it and told the mini that it was now a wired device.  Doesn't make sense - but it worked.  It's been several days and all the jitters and pauses and frustrations with the mini are gone.  We did have to put in another $45 or so but it was well worth it.  

Highlighted
MVP MVP
MVP

Message 39 of 56
(1,404 Views)

@cacaponkayaker wrote:

I have struggled with this issue with my mini and my father-in-law was having the same issues.  We tried all of these solutions but what never made sense was that everything else that we streamed worked great - it was just the mini that had issues.  I finally gave up and wired mine in as it worked for me but my in-laws couldn't do that.  I finally decided that it has to be the mini's wifi software.  So, I did a crazy thing that should not work, but does appear to: I purchased a wireless to wired adapter from Amazon that is made to hook up old streaming devices that only have wired connections.  I connected this to the wifi and plugged the mini into it and told the mini that it was now a wired device.  Doesn't make sense - but it worked.  It's been several days and all the jitters and pauses and frustrations with the mini are gone.  We did have to put in another $45 or so but it was well worth it.  

Several people have done this with good results. Apparently any wireless extender with an Ethernet port will work. It seems the mini has issues with either its software or the wi-fi antenna is not functioning correctly in many cases, and wiring it to an extender does the trick.

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Message 40 of 56
(1,161 Views)

Don't bother upgrading your router as I have the latest version and am still having issues. TV works OK but streaming Netflix hangs all the time. I have a 2nd WIFI mesh network that may work but the mini does not have an option to connect to other WIFI's. Looks like the only viable option is to hardwire with Ethernet or Coax. Verizon really needs to upgrade the software on these minis to give better WIFI options.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.