Re: TV One set top box issue. No signal to TV...
mopzo
Enthusiast - Level 3

Yes going straight to TV. Yes tried different TV inputs. I've never seen the screen saver.

I have the remote programmed to turn off TV and STB simultaneously. I'll try manual mode next time. Does the STB actually turn off? or just goes to standby/screen saver?

BTW. Got a picture this morning @2160.

0 Likes
clem21
MVP MVP
MVP

@mopzo wrote:

Yes going straight to TV. Yes tried different TV inputs. I've never seen the screen saver.

I have the remote programmed to turn off TV and STB simultaneously. I'll try manual mode next time. Does the STB actually turn off? or just goes to standby/screen saver?

BTW. Got a picture this morning @2160.

The STB never really turns off. There is always some form of screensaver coming out of it. You get to more or less choose, but it's between advertising or a time and date. Also be aware that when you set the box to 2160, EVERYTHING is upsampled to 2160 regardless of the source resolution. Some TV's have better scalers.

0 Likes
mopzo
Enthusiast - Level 3

It worked four straight mornings until today.....no rhyme or reason. Nothing changed.

0 Likes
clem21
MVP MVP
MVP

@mopzo wrote:

It worked four straight mornings until today.....no rhyme or reason. Nothing changed.

😦Does't make sense, unless there was some kind of update that took place between the Fios box or the TV you weren't aware of. There are probably more patches happening with the Guide, so you have to watch for that.

0 Likes