TV One voice remote does not recognize my Soundbar
JJS-NJ

I just upgraded to Fios TV One (Media Server & Mini STB), activation of both STBs took 10 to 15 minutes. 

I hope Verizon reads these posts because my issue most likely will need their attention, I  gave up trying to talk to Support after waiting 25 minutes on the phone.

The Media Server (MS) is connected to my Sony 4K TV. After the remote auto paired with the MS; it could turn off the TV, but not turn it on. After I entered the TV model number via the Settings option to manually set up the Remote for the TV and Audio devices, the remote was able to power the TV On and Off.

I am however having an issue with the voice remote being unable to control my soundbar. The voice remote does not recognize my Yamaha YAS-108 soundbar, and the Settings option to manualy specify TV and Audio devices does not list the Yamaha soundbar.

As a side note, I was pleased to discover that the Infrared Verizon remote from the old STBs  also works with the TV One boxes.

0 Likes
Re: TV One voice remote does not recognize my Soundbar
clem21
MVP MVP
MVP

Not sure but could you try setting the remote up for a different model of Yamaha sound bar and see if that works?

0 Likes
leslie154
Enthusiast - Level 1

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes