TV Remote Guide Button Follows Last Setting Of Favorites Button
gpsguy47
Enthusiast - Level 2

I use to push the Guide Button on my remote and always get the All Channels screen.  If I used the Favorites Button I would always get Favorites 1 screen.  If I pressed again I would get Favorites 2 screen.  If I went back to the Guide Button it would show the All Channels again.  Just recently the Guide Button started following the last viewed Favorites listing.

If I press the Guide Button and see the All Channels list then go to the Favorites Button I see the Favorites 1 list.  If I go back the Guide Button the Favorites 1 list appears again instead of the All Channels list.

I can't find an option that changes this behavior.  This just started happening recently.  I am wondering if there was a software update that changes this behavior.  I rebooted the STB to no avail.  Used the options menu to try and lock the Guide behavior but to no avail.

Anyone else experiencing this behavior?

Re: TV Remote Guide Button Follows Last Setting Of Favorites Button
Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Go to Menu/Settings/System/Television/

Last Viewed Guide State. Make sure it is diabled. Then it will always go back to All Channels when you return to the Guide. 

0 Likes
gpsguy47
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks for your response.  You have provided what I believe should work on my equipment.  I have 2 FIOS Quantum Servers and 4 Clients.  The options are all set as you describe.  I believe that is the default setting.  All the STBs perform the same as I described in my complaint.  This behavior has just recently started.  My wife always uses the Guide Button.  I most often use the Favorites Button.   My wife started complaining that she couldn't see all the channels.  When I pressed the Guide Button the "FilterBy:" option said "Favorites 1".  I've been trying everything to lock it to "All Channels" but have not yet succeeded.  Every time I use the Favorites Button the Guide comes up with the last Favorites guide screen.  My hunch is Verizon has a bug in their last SW download.

0 Likes
NJFamilyP

I am also having this issue, and it just started happening for us as well. I have checked all settings included what was mentioned above, to no avail. I can change the screen to all channels after I hit Guide by then hitting Options and choosing All Channels, but this is way too many steps.

0 Likes
gpsguy47
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks for your reply NJFamilyP.  I’m glad to see I’m not the only one seeing this problem.

I took a look at the system information on my main STB. Here is what I found.

Release: APR- 5.6

Build Number: 20.75

UI Version: 20.75

Middleware Version: 20.73

Firmware Version:  KA23.10.03.01 Alder.621454

Platform: VMS1100

Maybe this will help identify the code that is causing the problem.  I'd like see if others see the same issue that match this system info.  It would also be interesting if this problem exists on systems with different system info.

Does anybody from Verizon Support want to weigh in here?

Thanks

0 Likes
Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

I just tried it and I see what you are saying. If my VMS Last Viewed Guide State is set to Enabled or Disabled it does always show what you set it to and doesn’t go back to All Channels. 

That is the same release if have as well. It is probably just a bug from the latest update. 

0 Likes
NJFamilyP

I have the same System Information that you have posted as well. Still having this issue. I'd love to hear if this issue has been acknowledged by Verizon yet.

0 Likes