Re: TV Says No Signal
WilliamsFam1
Enthusiast - Level 1

This was very helpful. I literally unplugged everything, factory resets and this, in just 5 secs did the trick.

thank you. 

Brere

This needs to be given to customer support ASAP!

0 Likes
Jc-Va

Yep, that fixed my problem!!! Thank you!!!

0 Likes
Nella2

This sounds like it would be a great fix but my new Vizio tv does not have UHD setting to be changed. So now what? I am still seeing “no signal message”

0 Likes
clem21
MVP MVP
MVP

@Nella wrote:

This sounds like it would be a great fix but my new Vizio tv does not have UHD setting to be changed. So now what? I am still seeing “no signal message”

Did you try setting the Fios box to 1080i, then look at diagnostics in the box? What model of Vizio TV do you have?

0 Likes
HelpMeObiWan

I am having the same issue. Have the Vizio P-Series Quantum X with my Fios One Mini box plugged into HDMI 1. It’s set to Full UHD but I still get the “no signal” message. Any ideas?

0 Likes
clem21
MVP MVP
MVP

@HelpMeObiWan wrote:

I am having the same issue. Have the Vizio P-Series Quantum X with my Fios One Mini box plugged into HDMI 1. It’s set to Full UHD but I still get the “no signal” message. Any ideas?

Is the HDMI cable the only one connected to the output of the Fios box? Is your HDMI cable high speed certified? Did you try going into the Fios menu>settings >audio and video>video set resolution to 1080i. If you get a picture, try resetting the box to TV by unplugging power to the box and TV, unhook the HDMI cable. Wait 3 or 4 minutes. Power the box back up, the TV back up and reconnect the HDMI  cable.

0 Likes
Chauncey1

Just set up my new mini box on an old toshiba tv. Worked fine for a few hours, then the no signal appeared on the screen.After going through several steps with no success I decided to disconnect everything than reconnect, success, the tv is working fine for now.

0 Likes
Kc441

I tried this and it worked for me:

1. Unplug the HDMI cord from the tv.

2. Unpug the power cord from the power source.

3. Press and hold the power button on the remote for 3 seconds.

4. Plug the HDMI cord into the tv.

5. Plug the power cord back into the power source.

6. Power on the tv and change the input to the HDMI that you plugged into.

7. Be patient. It takes a few minutes to load but then it should be working.

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

As this thread is now over two years old, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes