TV Still Not Working
kathy114
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have not had a picture on my tv for almost a week now.  When I contact Verizon, which I have done almost every day, after getting through the minefield to get online and ask a question, they inform that Verizon is aware of the problem and idnetify a time that they expect it to be resolved. It has been days and no resolution. My bigscreen HD TV is not usable. Does anyone know anything about this problem or when it might be resolved? 

Re: TV Still Not Working
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

At this point, no one really knows when things will be repaired or serviced. The strike has really caused a backlog of work from the sounds of things. For now, if you have a small TV antenna and your TV has an ATSC tuner, I would suggest connecting an Antenna until the FiOS TV services comes back. That, or connecting a PC to your TV should also help make the big screen usable for the time being. I did both when a Wind storm this spring knocked out our Satellite TV service, and we were waiting for a technician to come out to install a new dish for us (dish was bent).

I assume you've tried rebooting your ONT already, correct?

0 Likes
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader
0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

@dslr595148 wrote:

Maybe this is why..

http://www.dslreports.com/shownews/Verizon-Faces-FiOS-TV-Shutdown-in-Patent-Feud-115700

^^

That is always a possibility. It seems kind of extreme to shut down the FiOS TV service over something stupid like that, though. The timing of that patent claim also seems rather interesting, now that a strike is taking place. I'm not a liker of Patent Trolling, and the patents they are claiming are used by pretty much everyone out there. I'd see Verizon paying up more than just shuttering service. Software patents = unneeded, since you can't invent Code. From what I've read elsewhere, it seems as though Verizon dug themselves into this hole by going after Cablevision for using the same technology.

0 Likes