TV Tuner Card Issues
OutThere

I've put a new Happauge TV-HVR-1600 tuner card in my PC.  The unencrypted clear QAM signals that I have found using the WinTV application all have "unknown" for the channel name (for example: "Unknown 66.103").  I am unable to view any of them (signal is always buffering - never connects).  No luck using Vista Media Center either - only get noise for a picture.  I've installed the OEM Media Center update, I also tried a USB stick tuner before the PC card version - same thing.  So, what am I doing wrong, or what don't I know about FIOS?  I didn't have this problem with Comcast and the older ATI tuner that I used to have.  My line-in is split off before my wireless modem, but I've also tried running a split before the line-in to my set-top box (no difference either way).  Any help would be appreciated.  I'm posting this in both the internet and TV boards.

FIOS HD (all services)

Dell XPS 410 (Core 2 6600 2.4 GHz, 3 GB)

Win Vista HP Media Center 

0 Likes
Re: TV Tuner Card Issues
KeithWeisshar
Enthusiast - Level 2
I'm having the same issue.  I have a Hauppauge HVR-1950 USB tuner with WinTV v7.  I'm running Windows Vista Home Premium with SP2.  Cannot use Windows Media Center because it doesn't support QAM.
0 Likes