TV ad banner new guide update
DarrenNY91

Can we please get the option back to remove the stupid ads at the bottom of this already horrific guide ? I pay enough for tv I don’t need to be reminded what’s available on demand. 

0 Likes
Re: TV ad banner new guide update
kaiserdanny

I agree.  The new guide is horrible.  It's way too busy and the ads are super annoying.  The first day we had this, I had my kids ask me to buy the new trolls movie like 5 times.  This isn't a free service like Pandora, where suffering through the ads is the way we pay for the service.  I pay over $100 a month for tv.  I think that is sufficient enough to not be bombarded by ads every time I want to change the channel. 

My mother's set top box never received this new update.  She still has the previous guide and it is vastly better than the new one.   I hope verizon releases a patch so that there is an option to disable all ads.

I am really at the tipping point where the hassle of dealing with verizon is not worth it.  Everyday I find myself watching more and more streaming services.  If verizon keeps this up they will probably be losing my business soon.

0 Likes
Re: TV ad banner new guide update
Xanadu11

now they appear at the TOP as well as the bottom and you can’t do anything until you click to the right to hit “dismiss”  - I’ve had to reject the same movie every tine I turn in my tv for 2 weeks, it’s infuriating with what we pay for fios (and I pay for multi room DVR  and am charged monthly for each of 5 set top boxes + the gigibit internet so it’s a hefty tab).  These ads are ABHORRENT and will honestly be the thing that drives me to bail and switch to xfinity.  It’s SO OFFENSIVE and INVASIVE to the user experience!!! 

0 Likes