TV & COMPUTER ON 1 OUTLET
taskrs8979
Enthusiast - Level 1

Can I split my FIOS signal and connect my Verizon Home Network Router and Verizon Set Top Box to a signal outlet?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: TV & COMPUTER ON 1 OUTLET
prisaz
Legend

@taskrs8979 wrote:

Can I split my FIOS signal and connect my Verizon Home Network Router and Verizon Set Top Box to a signal outlet?

Please clarify your question if the answer below is not what you want to do.

Yes if you are talking about splitting the coax to feed a different locaion, for moving equipment or adding a second STB. Make sure you use a good quality Bi-Directional splitter rated to 1500mhz.

If you are trying to move your router to one of the TV locations to use it with a computer and or other devices, it will work with a second Bi-Directional splitter. I would not go though more than two splitters. Dependinging on the coax type and length. If you have older RG-59 cable, you could have some issues.

It also helps if you are going to make your own connections, do not use the crimp type connectors, but the good compression type. RG-6 coax is the recommended cable. Also be careful that none of the strands are shorted with the center conductor. Remember to unhook the other end of the cable if you plan on cutting the coax.

Or get decent quality pre terminated RG-6 cables. I would not spend a fortune on any monster type cables, but don't get the cheapest you can find.

View solution in original post

Re: TV & COMPUTER ON 1 OUTLET
prisaz
Legend

@taskrs8979 wrote:

Please clarify your question if the answer below is not what you want to do.

Yes if you are talking about splitting the coax to feed a different locaion, for moving equipment or adding a second STB. Make sure you use a good quality Bi-Directional splitter rated to 1500mhz.

If you are trying to move your router to one of the TV locations to use it with a computer and or other devices, it will work with a second Bi-Directional splitter. I would not go though more than two splitters. Dependinging on the coax type and length. If you have older RG-59 cable, you could have some issues.

It also helps if you are going to make your own connections, do not use the crimp type connectors, but the good compression type. RG-6 coax is the recommended cable. Also be careful that none of the strands are shorted with the center conductor. Remember to unhook the other end of the cable if you plan on cutting the coax.

Or get decent quality pre terminated RG-6 cables. I would not spend a fortune on any monster type cables, but don't get the cheapest you can find.