Re: TV blacks out for a few seconds...Very frequently
cap1five

Got the same answer from Verizon. They sent me Component cables. Still get the blacking out about  once every two minutes.  Not sure I want to switch to 720p to solve the problem when I should be watching in 1080i. I am still in the 15 day window to cancel my service.  See you later verizon.. welcome back Time Warner.

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

720p is better than 1080i,  I'd make the switch.

0 Likes
Mohawk1952

This started happening a couple nights ago.  last night it was so bad I just turned the tv off.  Before tow nights ago it happened and we'd get a message "Aquiring Signal".  We are using HDMI, it never happened with the coax cable or the old stb ( we now have the new Media box).  I'll go back to looking at my programs on the net maybe.

0 Likes
TonyXL
Enthusiast - Level 2

I was having the same problem when outputting 1080i. Switching to 720p made it go away completely. This is a known issue, at least according to some other posts I've seen.

0 Likes
gerdia
Enthusiast - Level 1

Resetting the STB will stop the blackouts for a few days, I have gotten 2 weeks w/o blackouts this way.  just unplug it for about 5 min.

0 Likes
deerwood558
Enthusiast - Level 2

I was the original poster to this problem.  Verizon swapped my 7 series dvr for a QIP 6416-7 DVR and the problem has never occured again.  The technician I talked to was well aware of this problem and knew exactly what was the culprit and the proper fix.

0 Likes
TonyXL
Enthusiast - Level 2

Problem seems to be fixed after IMG 1.7 update. 7-series STB, 1080i via HDMI, no flicker for 2 weeks or so.

0 Likes