TV box timeout
ricksterd_f
Enthusiast - Level 2

So I have chosen to never, ever time my box out. I use my tv in bedroom as an alarm clock. It comes on every morning on the news as my alarm clock. So I told the system to never go to sleep. At completely random times it will sleep anyway. TV comes on and it's very quiet as a stupid message saying to push the menu button is bouncing around the screen NO NOISE! Therefore I don't hear it. I tell it not to do it and it does it anyway. I can even watch the tv within a few hours of the time that the alarm is set and completely and totally randomly it will sleep anyway. Never ever in 10 years did I have that problem with ComCast

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: TV box timeout
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

What model box do you have?

If you have VMS or IPC, they do that at times to help with the memory issue.

There is hope that this problem will be corrected in an upcoming release that is rumored in the next month or so.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

What model box do you have?

If you have VMS or IPC, they do that at times to help with the memory issue.

There is hope that this problem will be corrected in an upcoming release that is rumored in the next month or so.

0 Likes
ricksterd_f
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks for the answer. Although it doens't solve my problem it does explain it very well and gives me hope that it will get fixed. It's very good to know Verizon is aware of the issue and working to resolve it.

Have a great day

0 Likes