TV definitions
SeniorGhost
Enthusiast - Level 3

What does "Zero rated" mean when looking at services available?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: TV definitions
Hubrisnxs
Legend

well you should get those channels if that shows in your plan,  I would understand that the zero rated is referring to price, which if you were getting them via a free promotion would make sense that they are zero rated.   you may have to double check with customer service but I think that it just means it's free.   I am not sure though I can't remember what it looked like on my bill when I had it free. 

View solution in original post

0 Likes
lasagna
Community Leader
Community Leader

I think we need some more context to be certain, but it usually means that the costs don't factor in any additional taxes or fees which may be assessed by the government or local taxing authorities.

SeniorGhost
Enthusiast - Level 3

At https://www36.verizon.com/fiostv/web/members/Packages.aspx

Under "Media"(In the RED Verizon banner)>"MyTV --- ther is a chart labeled "My TV: Programming"/Current Subscriptions. In that chart there are listings - Ex:

EPIX Zero Rated

HBO/Cinemax Zero Rated

This is where I wonder what "Zero Rated" means

https://www36.verizon.com/fiostv/web/members/Packages.aspx

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

are you taking advantage of a free promotion?  that would make sense to me.   

0 Likes
SeniorGhost
Enthusiast - Level 3

Re: "are you taking advantage of a free promotion?  that would make sense to me."

No, I'm rummaging around "MyVerizon" trying to figure out what channels I'm entitled to with my subscription.

But, --- even if it was a free promotion, what would "Zero Rated" mean. Ratings on TV shows usually are to indicate who should be watching that channel.

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

well you should get those channels if that shows in your plan,  I would understand that the zero rated is referring to price, which if you were getting them via a free promotion would make sense that they are zero rated.   you may have to double check with customer service but I think that it just means it's free.   I am not sure though I can't remember what it looked like on my bill when I had it free. 

0 Likes