Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.

TV does not stay of channel selected

JMQ
Contributor
Contributor

TV does not stay of channel selected

Message 1 of 2
(546 Views)

VERIZON can't seem to solve this problem with one of my 4 set-top boxes.  When a channel is selected the set moves to that channel.  It will stay on that channel for a few minutes, and then suddenly begins an automatic scroll to a variety of channels, stopping for a moment, and then moving on.

Verizon has replaced the set-top box and remote several times without success.  I thought it could be the TV set, but after purchasing a new set this week...Guess what? 

Any suggestions, solutions welcome.

JMQ

1 REPLY 1
Smith6612
Platinum Contributor III Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III

Re: TV does not stay of channel selected

Message 2 of 2
(536 Views)

Are you sure it isn't an issue with IR Interference from another source? I know IR signals tend to weaken substantially over a short amount of distance, but unless you are using a UHF remote, something nearby the Set Top Box has to be causing an issue. Try relocating the Set Top Box to see if the problem improves.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Have a spare Fios-G1100?Learn how to bridge it into your network
Get Started

Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.
Modal Dialogue Title