Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get it fast with In-store & curbside pickup or same day delivery.

TV freezes

Contributor
Contributor

TV freezes

Message 1 of 4
(775 Views)

Hi there.. I have been living with this problem for about a year now.. On at least two of my 4 fios boxes, the broadcast just freezes, someimes black screen for up to 50-60 secs at at time, then comes back. It usally happens on non-network TV channels like Discovery or ESPN. Its getting really annoying. My guess is a pour signal coming into the house, but really dont know what else to do..

Anyone else have this issue. One settop box is a DVR and the other isnt. 

-thanks

3 REPLIES 3
Contributor
Contributor

Re: TV freezes

Message 2 of 4
(716 Views)

same problem but with on demand

called them and verizon sent some signal  nothing   had them exchange boxes

good for the past two weeks

Contributor
Contributor

Message 3 of 4
(683 Views)

Well my friend your not alone. Read my post.

Platinum Contributor III Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III

Message 4 of 4
(674 Views)

If it is only some of your  boxes could be several things:

1) Are they the only drops on a particular splitter? If so, check the connections to that splitter. If all the conenctions are tight, could be the splitter has gone bad. They are fairly cheap (not replaced by Verizon). You could buy one and swap it out.

2) Could be the boxes are going bad. Try temporarily swapping them around to see if the problem follows the box or stays with the particlar connection.

If a forum member gives an answer you like, give them the Kudos they deserve. If a member gives you the answer to your question, mark the answer as Accepted Solution so others can see the solution to the problem.
How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.