Switch Account

TV has no HDMI input - FIOS one wireless box

TV has no HDMI input - FIOS one wireless box

SOLVED
Contributor Will21237
Contributor
Message 1 of 5
(335 Views)

After my recent move, I was “upgraded” to the new wireless mini set-top boxes.  After installation, I noticed they had hooked up my 57” tv using RCA cables.  When I went to fix the problem, I realized the new boxes don’t have composite cable outputs.  Since my TV doesn’t have an HDMI input, the only way to watch TV with the new box is to use the RCA cables and watch in non-hi-def resolution.  Does anyone know a work around for this?  I’ve called Verizon numerous times (and spent forever on hold), but haven’t gotten a solution yet.

4 REPLIES 4
Bronze Contributor III Bronze Contributor III
Bronze Contributor III
Message 2 of 5
(317 Views)

Was your old tv originally hooked up to the previous box by component cables (RGB) + red and white for audio? If so you need to get an HDMI to component video converter box, about $30 to make it work in HD. You are actually using the composite outs of the box, the new ones have no provision for component (RGB) +LR audio.

Contributor Will21237
Contributor
Message 3 of 5
(308 Views)

Yes - I was using the R/G/B wires with the old box to watch my TV in hi-def.  The new boxes don’t provide that option 

Bronze Contributor III
Highlighted
Bronze Contributor III
Message 5 of 5
(139 Views)

I should have added to my post that was a suggestion for the type of converter you need, not necessarily highly recommended by me. I have no idea how well made that particular device is!

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.

Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.