TV one remote motion sensor not working
jap5c

The TV one remote is supposed to light up when you pick it up. It was working and then it stopped. It still lights up when you press a key but not when you pick it up.

I had Verizon replace the first remote, and the new one worked for two days and now the motion sensor on it has also stopped working (will not light up when you pick it up).

My kids use the remote too so is there some key combination that turns this the motion sensor on and off that they could have pressed? Or is this new remote also defective too?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: TV one remote motion sensor not working
Bob2231
Enthusiast - Level 1

Try removing the batteries for five seconds and place them back in the remote. The remote will restart and the motion sensor should start working.

View solution in original post

J-Roo

i have 4 and they all worked for a couple days and then stopped working.   they light up when you press a button but not when you pick it up.   very inconvenient when using in bed in the dark

quality control guys,  come on now!

0 Likes
Bob2231
Enthusiast - Level 1

Try removing the batteries for five seconds and place them back in the remote. The remote will restart and the motion sensor should start working.

Tpf0802

Nope🤷🏼‍♂️

0 Likes
Utsteve98
Enthusiast - Level 1

Removing the batteries for a bit worked for me. 

JonMaz
Enthusiast - Level 1

I just tried removing my batteries and then put them back in. A green light came on and my motion sensor is working again. Thanks for the tip!

0 Likes
QueenieGigi
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thanks for the tip.  Having called dozens of help desks during my career I should have known that one. It’s right up there with “unplug it and plug it back in.“

This remote light has me spoiled. Just about had a fit when I kept shaking it and it wouldn’t light up LOL

BigTony13

Worked out fine and the lights are lighting up again....... thanks!

0 Likes
Luby1
Enthusiast - Level 1

Worked for me. 😊 Thank You

0 Likes
BMB182607

Removing the batteries didn’t work for me and yes the batteries are brand new, any other suggestions please?

0 Likes