Switch Account

TV opinions

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor
Message 1 of 6
(5,077 Views)
I am guessing a lot of people probably are here because they are having problems with their tvs, I on the other hand am looking for a list of tvs with no issues with HDMI on Fios.  Please do not list your definitely not list or product x has all kinds of issues.  I am just looking for an HDTV in the area of 42-50", that works fine with FIOS and HDMI.  Thanks
5 REPLIES 5
Employee Emeritus Employee Emeritus
Employee Emeritus
Message 2 of 6
(5,079 Views)
What is your price range? Panasonic makes a good bright display, but The higher end Samsungs typically don't have a HDMI issue.  I have the Samsung "46 A650 - I paid roughly $1450 for it.
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor
Message 3 of 6
(5,070 Views)
Well I don't want to say price is not an option, but I don't think I want to go as high as say a Pioneer.  That doesn't mean not to post it though as I do know how to spend money on my "toys", just ask my wife.  lol  Also, this my help other readers make informed TV purchase decisions.
Highlighted
Bronze Contributor II
Bronze Contributor II
Message 4 of 6
(5,041 Views)

@CharlesH wrote:
What is your price range? Panasonic makes a good bright display, but The higher end Samsungs typically don't have a HDMI issue.  I have the Samsung "46 A650 - I paid roughly $1450 for it.

Seconded.

Highlighted
Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III
Message 5 of 6
(5,034 Views)

@kevinb wrote:

@CharlesH wrote:

Seconded.

Thirded on the HDMI. I have had the Samsung LNT4665 for a few years and it is an older model with no Cablecard abilities I wish I had. Paid about $3k for the 1080P set which works great with FIOS STB HDMI, or the PCs DVI to HDMI cable as a computer monitor. My DualCore PC the other STB.

Highlighted
Silver Contributor IV
Silver Contributor IV
Message 6 of 6
(5,013 Views)
For those without brightly lit viewing environments, I would recommend the 54" Panasonic TC-P54G10 and 50" TC-P50G10.  Both provide an excellent picture and are fully compatible with the Motorola QIP6416 DVR.

You can get the 54" version for $1819 shipped @ Amazon.com. The 50" version is $1365 shipped.  A 58" version is coming later this summer.

Recommended settings for Panasonic TC-P46G10 (use these settings when they are posted)

Recommended settings for Panasonic TC-P50G10 (use these settings when they are posted)

The TC-PxxV10 series adds better 24p handling for enhanced Blu-ray playback, but at a $500+ premium.

When in doubt, buy the bigger size.  After a few weeks (or months), people often regret buying too small.  Bigger is better when it comes to quality high-definition displays. If you're viewing from more than 6', buy a 50" or larger display.  If you are viewing from 10' or more, buy at least 54-55" and 58-60" would be preferable.  In the end, you'll save yourself money because you'll be less inclined to upgrade to a larger size in a few years.

If you are the original poster (OP) and your issue is solved, please remember to click the "Solution?" button so that others can more easily find it.
How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.