TV picture cuts out constantly when WIFI is active
mchase

Alright, so here's my problem..

I've been using FiOS for TV/Internet for about 18 months now.  The television has been terrible and cuts out all the time.  Sometimes we'll have an hour of perfect TV and then sometimes it will fade to black or the audio/picture will jump around.  I've pretty much been fuming over it because the contract is under my landlord's name so tech support won't even talk to me.

Anyway, my computer is right next to my TV and I've got wifi going to my computer.  I recently upgraded to Windows 7 and needed to buy a new wireless card.  I picked one with 2 antennas and ever since installing it, my TV reception has gotten even WORSE.

Things finally started clicking and I did a few tests with my computer on or off.  I don't seem to have any TV problems when my computer is off or when the wifi connection is disabled.

So my thought is that I was having problems before because of my wifi card, and I'm having even more problems now because my new wifi card has multiple antennas.

Has anyone else had this problem or does anyone have any ideas for solutions?

I've tried googling for a ridiculous combination of "TV" + "wifi" + "problems" and gotten pretty much nowhere so any help or insight would be appreciated.

0 Likes
Re: TV picture cuts out constantly when WIFI is active
joe_m
The strong signal from nearby wifi transceiver is probably creating interference with the tv, video cables or settop box. If that is the case, the only solutions are to move the computer further away from the TV or to switch from wifi to a hardwired ethernet connection.
0 Likes
Re: TV picture cuts out constantly when WIFI is active
mchase

Well yes, that's what I was hoping to avoid because I've got my 360 connected to the internet via Internet Connection Sharing on my PC.

The thing is, tons of people have PS3's and Wii's, both of which have wifi included.  I'm sure a lot of them also have their consoles sitting on top of their set-top box (it makes things look nice and neat, can you blame them?!)   Do they all have problems or is it something specific with the FiOS STB or what?

0 Likes