TV pixelation issue for on demand movies, Pay Per View, etc.
Kungfuherbert
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have several tv's and fios boxes. I have a DVR box and all but one of my Tv's have pixelation issues when I go to on Demand section. I know this is controlled by the router. The TV I have that plugs into right next to my router work fine all of my other TV's experience the pixelation issues when I access on Demand, Movies, Trailer,s Pay per view, etc.This has just started with no changes made in my home I have had Fois for 4 years now. I have purchased a PCT Bi-Directional Cable TV Splitter Signal Booster/Amplifier with Active Return Zero Signal Loss, I was hoping this would fix my problem. I have checked the onscreen diagnostics menu and all of my signals are in the good range. Do you think my router is going bad?

I of course have checked all of my cables and the other splitter that was replaced also? My next step is to move the router to another room. Why did this change? I changes nothing. Seems like I'm not the only one with this issue after doing some searching. Any help appreciated. I can't order the UFC fights until this is fixed, Bummer!

Thanks,

Herb

0 Likes
Re: TV pixelation issue for on demand movies, Pay Per View, etc.
AnnieS1
Contributor - Level 3

Hi Kungfuherbert,

Just a friendly reminder, this is a forum where users help other users.

If you are having an issue with your Verizon service, you can use the Verizon Troubleshooter to fix and report issues with your Verizon Phone, FiOS TV, or Internet Service, as well as to schedule a repair, here is the link: http://www.verizon.cm/repair

You can find tools on the Verizon Residential Support page that may help you diagnose your issue: http://www22.verizon.com/residentialhelp

Regards,

AnnieS

0 Likes
Re: TV pixelation issue for on demand movies, Pay Per View, etc.
iBlaineman

I also get some pixilation while watching TV or DVR recordings but not as much.  I have had this issue since I have had FIOS. I call for support and they just reboot the router and cable boxes.  I have had the ONT replaced and the router replaced.  I have also bought new computers and laptop during this time.  Currently I have one fios router acting as a bridge.  I have apple TV, Panasonic BlueRay, Pioneer receiver and a laptop connected to the bridge. I have an imac and vonage box connected to main FIOS router.   I have 2 iphones, 3 ipads, and 1 android tablet connect wirelessly.  I of course am not using all these devices at once and mostly using the laptop and iphone/ipad and on demand at the same time.  I also have a hard time streaming using airplay either using the apple TV or the Pioneer receiver. I also have also connected a moca adapter and switch and all the problems remained the same.  I checked all my splitters and all are 5-1000mhz.  All splitters except one are 3.5db and that one is 7.5db.  I have also tried disconnecting all my devices and still the problems persists.  I posted this but never got an answer.

0 Likes