TV "blacks" or "greens" out
heidir

I just had a new STB installed yesterday and today I can't watch any channel or program without the screen flashing green or black about every 10-15 seconds. The audio works fine and when I called to question this, Verizon had me check all of the cables and they initialized my box--problem still not fixed. Has this ever happened to anyone?!?! Is there an easy fix or do I have to have someone come out and fix it?? Thanks!

0 Likes
Re: TV "blacks" or "greens" out
Keyboards
Master - Level 3

How are you connected?  You may be experiencing an HDMI handshake problem.  There have been reported issues with some TV sets and the Moto box HDMI. 

If you are hooked up HDMI you could try component video cables (not a solution, but to troubleshoot).  Hope that helps.

0 Likes
heidir

Thanks, I am connected throught HDMI....I don't know much about this stuff though, so at the risk of sounding dumb, can I try another HDMI cable or just go with the component cables? Does Verizon have a solution to this?

0 Likes
Keyboards
Master - Level 3

@heidir wrote:

Thanks, I am connected throught HDMI....I don't know much about this stuff though, so at the risk of sounding dumb, can I try another HDMI cable or just go with the component cables? Does Verizon have a solution to this?

It is highly unlikely that the issue is with your cables.  The use of component (red, blue, and green RCA jacks for video) is a suggestion for troubleshooting - unfortunately it means buying cables and most local places overcharge like heck (I usually buy my cables from monoprice.com - inexpensive but good quality).  The problem is that there are different specification levels of HDMI (current I believe is 1.3) and not all pieces of hardware play nicely together Smiley Sad So AFAIK Verizon does not have a universal solution.

0 Likes
snowmon
join the club. verizon must have done a firmware up(down)grade as this is popping up all over. just happened to me on tuesday after several trouble free months of service. it's an hdcp issue and the only solution at this point that i've found is to switch to rgb cables with rca for sound. tech i spoke to at verizon last night didn't even know what i was talking about and wouldn't acknowledge any recent firmware changes.
0 Likes
heidir
Thanks....I ended up switching the cables and it "fixed" the problem. I find it hard to believe that when I called they ran through about 45 minutes of tests on the phone and couldn't give me any answers. Their solution was that I would have to go out and buy a new HDMI cable, which I'm glad I didn't. I love the picture but the customer service with Verizon sucks!! 15 minutes of menus before you actually talk to someone and then they have you on the phone for another 45 minutes before telling you that they don't have an answer and they would rather not send someone out there because it would cost ME a lot of money when it is their problem in the first place!!! Ahhhh! Sorry for venting but maybe someone from Verizon will see this and straighten it out before they lose more customers. Thanks again for all of your help!
0 Likes