TV remote code for Dynex does not provide full functionality.
margokw15
Hello,

I just got FiOS for my new apartment and the remote was not programmed properly by the install tech. I have tried using the 104 code (found on the FiOS site for Dynex TV code) and it does not fully turn off the TV. The TV turns off and then back on. Is there another code I can try?

Any help would be much appreciated. I have had this issue in the past and it's infuriating... I just came from an apartment with FiOS and had no issues with this then so I know it CAN work.

Thank you.
Tags (3)
0 Likes
Re: TV remote code for Dynex does not provide full functionality.
Hubrisnxs
Legend

flip the controller over and look at the battery compartment, there are universal instructions there, that bypass the need for a code, and it often times works better than the code programming. 

0 Likes
margokw15
Just tried it with no improvement. Mute button and A/V button don't really work either.
0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

Ok, then you might need to do an extra step during programming.  

So do it like this.  

we are going back to the 104 code.

1. Press and hold the OK and 0 (zero) buttons at the same time.
    The red LED light blinks 2 times and then stays on.

2. Enter the 104 for your TV  .
    The red LED light blinks 2 times and then stays on.

3. Press and release the Ch+ button until the TV turns off.    (You can also back up by pressing the Ch- button.)
  4. Before hitting the OK button - Make sure to Test your remote to ensure it is working properly:
    1. - Turn on the TV by pressing the TV button on your FiOS TV remote. 
      - Press the Vol+ and Vol- buttons to ensure that you can control the volume.
      - Press the Mute and A/V buttons to ensure they work.
    2. **CRITICAL STEP***
      If any of these buttons do not work, press and hold that button. Release the button as soon as it is working.

3. If all the buttons work, press OK to save your settings.
      The red LED light blinks 3 times and then turns off. Your remote control is now programmed.

0 Likes
margokw15
I've also tried this. I tried this before posting. I went through a ridiculous combination of holding buttons to ensure they were all working (sometimes setting a new one would unset one I just set...) and then I set the Power button. Only then it unset all the other buttons and STILL turned back on...

I guess I could try it again and just focus on the Power button working but this seems ridiculous since I probably still won't get the mute and A/C to work.
0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

make sure you do the power button first,  then the volume (if it doesn't work, press and hold until it starts)  do the down volume next (same thing press and hold) then mute (same thing) and then input.

make sure you are point it AT the TV when doing it.  and nothing in front of the TV IR EYE.   Sometimes people have xmas decorations up and stuff like that, and it blocks the code from proper programming.

It's worked for me in the past, but if it doesn't work for you, then it might just not be possible. 

Remember,  the FiOS remote controls are guaranteed to program to your FiOS receiver, however your TV may not be compatible with the remote control itself

0 Likes
margokw15
Yeah, I tried your order. I got the power button (while in programming mode) to actually keep the TV off and the volume worked on that setting but I had to hold to set the mute. I saved the setting and the power button still turns the TV back on.

Ugh, thanks anyway... I know the remote is compatible since I just came from an apartment where I had FiOS and the remote worked. The installer programmed it correctly and it worked.
0 Likes
Re: TV remote code for Dynex does not provide full functionality. - Maybe Replace Remote
armond_in_nj1
Master - Level 1

@margokw15 wrote:
 ... I know the remote is compatible since I just came from an apartment where I had FiOS and the remote worked. The installer programmed it correctly and it worked.

Is the current remote  the identical remote from your earlier installation?  Have you tried another remote of the same model?  Sounds like your current remote is just not operating correctly

0 Likes
margokw15
I'm 99% sure the remote is the same as before. How would I get another remote of the same model?
0 Likes
Re: TV remote code for Dynex does not provide full functionality - Getting New Remote.
armond_in_nj1
Master - Level 1

@margokw15 wrote:
I'm 99% sure the remote is the same as before. How would I get another remote of the same model?

I did not mean the same model, but instead the same particular device.  To replace, you can pretty much just walk into any VZ store (assuming there's one within reach) and trade out.  You can also purchase a replacement device at a pretty low cost online, but why spend the money if you can avoid it?  Good luck and let us know what happens.

0 Likes