Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get it fast with In-store & curbside pickup or same day delivery.

TV reverts the STB SD Override setting

astroZippy
Contributor
Contributor

TV reverts the STB SD Override setting

Message 1 of 3
(5,164 Views)

I am having the all too familiar dreaded SD/HD black screen issue that appears to plague the Fios equipment.  My TV is a Toshiba 37” LCD hooked up via HDMI.  I found what appears to be the solution in the forum and was very pleased.  The problem is that anytime I turn off the TV, leaving the STB on or off, it will reset the SD Override setting to 480i which causes the black screen.  Any suggestions?

2 REPLIES 2
Keyboards
Gold Contributor VII
Gold Contributor VII

Re: TV reverts the STB SD Override setting

Message 2 of 3
(5,149 Views)

My only suggestion is to switch to component (3 wire video + 2 wire audio) since the problem is caused by a bad HDMI handshake negotiation.  This will still give you 1080i (or 720p) for your HD. 

EDIT: ignore suggestion below, re-read your post and you indicated the STB override resets.

Also, you might try setting your SD Override to "OFF" which forces the STB to always output at your selected HD resolution (the STB does the upconversion from 480i) if you are unwilling to abandon HDMI..

If a forum member gives an answer you like, give them the Kudos they deserve. If a member gives you the answer to your question, mark the answer as Accepted Solution so others can see the solution to the problem.
Hubrisnxs
Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III

Re: TV reverts the STB SD Override setting

Message 3 of 3
(5,127 Views)

do you have a home theatre audio system too?  or just the TV And cable box.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.