TV screen always showing "Welcome to New Media Guide"
buhaynijudai

When I try to watch regular TV, I always see The Welcome to New Media Guide on screen. I followed the direction on the bottom saying go to video settings but I still only hear the program and still only see the welcome screen with 3 kinds of tv display on it. Please help. I am getting frustrated.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: TV screen always showing "Welcome to New Media Guide"
RickHart57
Enthusiast - Level 1

We had the same problem. Just unplug the Fios box and plug back in. Or call Fios Support and they will re-initialize. Either way that will fix the issue.

View solution in original post

Seeker1437
Community Leader
Community Leader

I am sorry to hear you are having issues with the "Welcome to the New Media Guide" when you try to watch TV.

This issue does not happen very often, however when it does happen the workaround is not so easliy guessed.

I recommend trying to open then close the guide when this issue occurs. Typically this will prevent the screen from coming back.

If this does not work, I recommedn calling Tech Support as they are equipt with a command they can send which can help with resolving the issue.

jebburgis

I have this same issue.  The "solution" proposed was of no help to me.  Any other options? I have tried everything to troubleshoot the matter but I still have the Welcome to the new Media Guide on my screen and I can't get out of it no matter what I do.  

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

How do you watch tv?

What model STB do you have?

RickHart57
Enthusiast - Level 1

We had the same problem. Just unplug the Fios box and plug back in. Or call Fios Support and they will re-initialize. Either way that will fix the issue.

DaTube
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thank you It worked! You saved me incruciating waiting time with Verizon