TV screen states "no signal detected". Box or tv problem?
Gusty

Keep getting "no signal detected" when I turn on tv.  The only way to correct this is if I unplug everything and let reboot, but I don't want to go through this every time I turn the tv/box off.  I ran the on-line diagnostic and was told all boxes were good.  I also connect this box and hdmi cord to other tvs in the house and had no problem.  I tried all three hdmi ports on this tv with same results.  Is it my tv?  Did not have this problem with this tv when I had cable.  Tv is a panasonic lcd about a year old.  Thanks for any help you can give.

0 Likes
Re: TV screen states "no signal detected". Box or tv problem?
lasagna
Community Leader
Community Leader

It takes are few seconds for the HDMI signal to sync with the TV after you power on -- it's possible that the TV is trying to find a signal by scanning thru all it's possible inputs and not seeing one quickly enough and giving up.

Does your TV have an "input" select button on it's remote (or perhaps as an option under a menu button)?

After you turn the TV on and the box is obviously on -- try cycling thru the inputs until you come to the right one where the box is connected and let it on that input for a bit to see if the picture appears.

0 Likes
brachko

I am having a similar issue.  I have a Hitachi 42HDX62A and when I turn the TV on I get the picture but "No Sync. Signal." comes across the picture.  The only way I can resolve the issue is to go to "Menu" then "Video on Demand" and then come back out.  It will remain off until the next time I turn the TV on and off.  But this is a pain the...   The only thing I have done recently was use HDMI over Component Cables and changed to a MRDVR box.  Any help?

0 Likes
prisaz
Legend

It sounds like an HDMI sync or handshake issue. When I first turn on my TVs it does the same thing for a few seconds and then the picture comes up. Check to see if your TV manufacture has any firmware updates for the TV. If the HDMI is not connected straight to the TV, but through another device, that could also create issues.

0 Likes
PJL
Master - Level 3

To answer your question in the thread title:  Since the STB and cable work with other TVs, then it must be the TV in question that is the problem -- I think you anwered your own question by the sypmtoms your described:  "I also connect this box and hdmi cord to other tvs in the house and had no problem."

0 Likes
kellyday6

I have the same problem with my new Sharp 42" LCD TV.

The picture came up at first, so I think it may be a firmware issue as well.

0 Likes
prisaz
Legend

Use component cables as a work around if all else fails. You will get the same quality picture. 1080i, 720p, etc. You will just have more cables to the TV.

0 Likes
Sweettee1

@Gusty wrote:

Keep getting "no signal detected" when I turn on tv.  The only way to correct this is if I unplug everything and let reboot, but I don't want to go through this every time I turn the tv/box off.  I ran the on-line diagnostic and was told all boxes were good.  I also connect this box and hdmi cord to other tvs in the house and had no problem.  I tried all three hdmi ports on this tv with same results.  Is it my tv?  Did not have this problem with this tv when I had cable.  Tv is a panasonic lcd about a year old.  Thanks for any help you can give.

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

As this thread is now over two years old, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes