Tech Fee
winky
Hi~I want to put add 2 more FIOS boxes to my home....I have 3 currently and have never paid a tech fee.   We had evry room wired when we built it as well as FIOS (phone/internet) installed the day we moved in.  Can anyone tell my why now I need to pay $100 to have a tech come put 2 boxes in rooms already wired?  Has anyone else had this experience?
0 Likes
Re: Tech Fee
MarvKirsch
Not sure where you live with respect to any distribution ofice.  Offer to pick up to unit or ask them to ship it to you.  I think the $100 charge is bogus, the local cable company wouldn't do that!
0 Likes
Telcoguru
Master - Level 1
That seems high to me. Usually if you already have coax the fee is $20 each TV and $20 for the tech to bring them out to you. I think $60 for the whole thing is more in line. If I were you I would go pick them up at the Verizon store and install them myself.
0 Likes
nj1958
Enthusiast - Level 3
welcome back to verizon. love the tv picture...everything else is a problem. fees for everything, no customer service to speak of and 30 min wait times, no online help and when you do send an email you get an automated response that is of little value or help, phone service is not as good quality as my previous provider(cable). very disappointed in the company and its committment to customers. but love the picture!
0 Likes
Techman28
Master - Level 1

Winky

You would never have to pay $100 for anything regarding an install of new boxes. However there is a $20 per stb install. With that said if we mail the stb's to you which takes 5-7 days and comes via UPS with all of the cables and such and you pay nothing and have to hook up the boxes yourself or call our Tech support line and we will walk you through that setup.

0 Likes
CSimpson
Contributor - Level 1
Yeah, just call them and have them ship 'em out to you.  You can install those yourself and Online activation is super easy.  You will have it up and running within 20 minutes.
0 Likes