Tech knocked out my FIOS TV when he replaced fios box for HSI issue.
sramgorrin

I am hoping I can get some assistance from this forum.

I recently called for an HSI issue, dropping signal/low signal. I had a tech visit on 8/22, the tech arrived ontime, but did not have the equipment (new fios box for outside my house), he had to go back to the garage and get a box.

He installs the box, my HSI came back up, however as he was leaving I realized my phone was not working, he did  something and got the phone working. I asked about the one TV in my line of sight and I was told they had to boot up.

At this point, I needed to go to work. At 4:00 pm, I found out that none of my boxes were able to get a signal, I rebooted all the boxes and no luck. I called Verizon and I was told basically "oh well, there is nothing we can do gave me a Saturday appt (3 days from my initial visit). While on the phone with a supervisor, I took the cover( customer portion) of my fios and my told him the video light was not lit. This was something the tech should have checked- make sure that all three lights for all the services were lit. I explained to this rep, my elderly mom without TV is stressful, the fact the Saturday appt will interfere with my work schedule. I work from home, so someone working on box will most likely disconnect from HSI.

I was late for work this morning, as the tech did not have correct equipment. I should have been given a priority appt as your tech did not complete job in fact left me without service.

This is not first time, Verizon has left me hanging with no service, in my previous residence, I had a service call and the they did not all the outlet working, I called, I was given a appt two days later, however a tech entered my property while I was not home, worked on the outside lines and closed the ticket. That work killed my service in the whole, I called then got an for 4 days out. While I had no phone service, my son got into a serious accident, so the police, hospital or he could call the house phone and notify us. We found out about 1 hour later with a knock on the door. It took a long time for me to go back to Verizon and my husband was right I should not have switched. Verizon does not care about its customer and takes no responsibility for their tech's mistake. If my service was out because of a natural disaster or just having an issue, I would be fine, I waited patiently for the HSI appt. My lack of TV at this point is due to lack of caring by the tech and he already spent too much time on my ticket cause he wasted an hour going back to the garage to get the box and need to move to the next to job. Not good customer service, my issue should have resolved ahead of someone else who called in after me.

0 Likes