Television suddenly Black and White picture.
ichaya
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am putting this out there in case anyone else runs into this issue.

Last night we are watching television when suddenly all of the color disappears.

After a few choice words, and checking all of the connections, which all seemed good.

I tested the TV with a DVD and it's in color.  But everything coming through the Set Top box is black and white.

Tried turning it off, and back on, and it did not help.

Finally I unplugged the STB to force a reload. (I probably should have done this through the in home agent).

When I plugged it back in and everything re-loaded then it was in color again.

Re: Television suddenly Black and White picture.
Shannond84
Enthusiast - Level 1

I just HAD to thank you for this post!! Here I am thinking great, we need a new tv, and right before Christmas when I can't afford one.  Everything was black and white on my screen out  of nowhere,  I did a reboot, checked all connections,  you know,  went through all the "stuff". Didn't help. I tried calling Fios and they were closed. Then I googled the problem and your post came up. I unplugged the STB and the color came back! Thanks so much for taking the time to post this,  you saved me a lot of time and frustration. Now the big question, why does this even happen to begin with lol??

Thanks again....

0 Likes
Re: Television suddenly Black and White picture.
kh-gary
Moderator Emeritus

In order to keep discussion on the community current, this topic has been locked to prevent new replies. If you have a similar question or issue that you wish to discuss, then please feel free to post a new message on the most relevant board. Thanks!

0 Likes