Terminal Lock???????????????????
Jsakowski

my dvr box just reset itself and now i am getting:   Terminal Lock enter current pin and press select

but we never had a pin for it. and i tried resetting it twice and getting the samething?

0 Likes
Re: Terminal Lock???????????????????
johnhorizon

Try 0000. I believe that is the default PIN. You'll be able to watch TV but nothing else. We're all in the same boat at the moment. I remember reading one of the FiOS messages thru my set-top box saying they were applying some update today which obviously is not working right now. I can't use the Guide, or the Menu, or my DVR. Like you said, resetting doesn't do anything to help.

They've sent the update twice now since about 3 A.M. (my box has reset twice by itself) but the same issue still remains. It starts up locked, but after putting in my PIN, I'm able to watch TV, but that's it. Hopefully they get this resolved soon or I'll have to call Support.

0 Likes
Malledon

I'm getting this message also. DVR spontanenously recycled power at 3:05 this morning. Reset the box several times, no change. Just going to wait it out until later in the day to see if it's just a service outage.

0 Likes
johnhorizon

Looks like with the third try they finally got the update to stick. We now have a newish version of the IMG (Media Guide). Slightly different colors, and a couple more options in the Menu. I'm just glad everything is working again.

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

If the box still says terminal locked with no request for a pin, then try going to www.verizon.com/repair and selecting Quick Fix for Set Top Boxes

That should preclude you needing to do a pin.  It is trying to download the new update.    if that link doesn't work, then reboot your home router first, wait for the internet light to flash green, and then go and pull the power on your set top box for about 20 seconds and plug it back in, let it try again, and if you get the message again THEN try the Quick Fix for Set Top Boxes

0 Likes