The mute button on my FioS remote does not work my Vizio TV
tjpatt

I have a Vizio 32" High Def TV. I entered all the programming numbers and none worked for my TV so I used the alternate metghod of programming my remote to my TV and the MUTE button will not work my TV. Any advice?

0 Likes
Re: The mute button on my FioS remote does not work my Vizio TV
Telcoguru
Master - Level 1

Sometimes with Vizio TVs if you press the TV button at the top and the A/V button on the bottom of the remote it will mute the TV.

0 Likes
jmcohen231
Contributor - Level 3

try a different code, there is another thread here where someone found a few good ones.

it works for my vizio.

0 Likes
VZ_JoeD
Contributor - Level 1

Reset remote to factory defaults
All previous programming will be lost 1) Press and hold the STB key. 2) While holding down the STB key, press OK. 3) Release both keys. The Devices Keys will blink twice. 4) press 9-0-0. The STB key will blink 3 times to indicate sucess in programming.

Program TV remote code

Press and hold the TV device key. While holding the TV key, press the OK key.  Release both keys at once. The four device keys will blink twice.  Enter the four-digit code (see below). After a short delay, the TV key will blink three times.  Test new device code by pressing POWER. If TV responds (turns off), the device configuration is successful. If device does not respond, then repeat steps 2-4 with the next code in the list. If the remote does not recognize the code, the LED will turn off.

1292, 0891, 0912, 1783

0 Likes