The sound cuts out!
Seagal
The sound is cutting out on most every channel on my hd stb. It sounds like a video on a slow internet connection. What is going on?
0 Likes
Re: The sound cuts out!
G-Pon
Contributor - Level 1

Samsung TV using HDMI cable? If yes, switching to component cables (the red, white, green, blue & orange RCA jacks) will put the matter to rest quickly, permanantly and easily with no loss of quality. A few Sony TV's have also experienced the issue I've heard. Why? too many reasons to list, just Google the two words Samsung and Motorola.

If not, a Samsung TV using HDMI cable, other cabling/wiring issues should be troubleshot. Look for kinks in the cables. If the wires look like someone spilled a bowl of spaggetti back there clean it up a bit. Check for good firm connections at both ends.

The (MoCa) rates to that cable jack in that room might also be too low, a call to tech support for a test would be needed to isolate that, or a meter you could obtain.

If the computer in the set-top-box has become confused, causing poor processing, un-plugging it from the electricity for 10+ seconds then plugging it back in will re-boot it.

Oh incidently, if it IS a Samsung TV using a HDMI cable you have the only set of symptoms for which I've heard Samsung will send you a "hot-fix", but I just switched cables on mine & saved the HDMI for the Blue-Ray player. I like easy sure things, what can I say?

0 Likes
Seagal
It's a Mitsubushi 57" rear projection using hdmi cable. It has been installed about 1.5 years now, by the Verizon tech. No one has been behind the set that I know of. But I will check out the cables and unplug the stb(hd/dvr).
0 Likes
G-Pon
Contributor - Level 1
If that dosn't do it, a stronger re-set could be conducted by tech support (plus that MoCa rate test, a year and a half is long enough for a CoAx run to degrade a little). If calling 888-553-1555 is not a good option for you you can send a private message to me or TechMan via this forum next week.
0 Likes
Mark_S
Enthusiast - Level 2
I have a 37" Toshiba HDTV and am having the same problem.  The TV is connect to the STB (QIP-6416, Motorola) via a 3' HDMI cable.  Everything is new in the last 3 months. (Northern VA)
0 Likes
Seagal

Wow, I hope your not saying my coax might need replacing. It was 13 years old when Fios was installed(coax was installed when we built our house). 

I straightened out any tangles in wiring and I isolated the hdmi cable from the rest of the cabling by 6+", and reseated it. So sound comes through the hdmi cable?

Well unfortunately that didn't work. So I guess I need to call customer service.

0 Likes
drdental
I had the same problem with a Samsung HDTV. They came and changed the box and HDMI cord and that fixed the problem. It's been working OK since then with no problems.
0 Likes