TiVo Wireless G USB Network Adapter will this wor with Fios and to get netflix?
maxxgoon

Have series 3 and appears need a wireless adapter to gain netflix---we currently use the phone line.  will this work before I attempt to sign up for Netlfix?  anything cheaper out there to try?  Have a series 2 and an original single tuner as well--will netlfix be seen on any other tivo's?

Thanks for any input

0 Likes
Re: TiVo Wireless G USB Network Adapter will this work with Fios and to get netflix?
prisaz
Legend

@maxxgoon wrote:

Have series 3 and appears need a wireless adapter to gain netflix---we currently use the phone line.  will this work before I attempt to sign up for Netlfix?  anything cheaper out there to try?  Have a series 2 and an original single tuner as well--will netlfix be seen on any other tivo's?

Thanks for any input

I have used netflix with TiVO HD and a hardwired connection. I suppose that a wireless connection would work fine providing the Tivo is the only thing connected to it at the time you are streaming. You may also want to look at this thread regarding changes to CableCard using features that may not be supported in older hardware.

http://forums.verizon.com/t5/FiOS-TV-Programming/Cable-Card/m-p/233593#U233593

0 Likes
Re: TiVo Wireless G USB Network Adapter will this work with Fios and to get netflix?
Hubrisnxs
Legend

this sounds like a perfect opportunity for you to use a moca bidge.  about 90 bux depending on how frugal a shopper you are.  it's the actiontec hme2200 

you have a tivo in that room which means you have a working coax outlet.  all you'll need is a coax splitter (1000mhz or better) and the above adapter.   then you won't need the wireless, and it will be a stronger and more reliable connection

0 Likes