Re: Tiling and Pixelation on On Demand POOR SERVICE COMPLAINT!!!
Dogmom11

Hello,

Has anyone resolved this issue?  I've called Verizon regarding OnDemand titles not playing, picture breaking up, and the sound dropping out to the point that I can't even watch the selection.  My premium channels also black out and break up.

On my last call, the representative told me my box might be too old, or perhaps the channels were having problems.  The rep was going to call me back because of the hold time with whomever they needed to talk with, but they never did.

The box is clearly old because the "OK" button is totally worn off.  The representative couldn't  replace the box unless the problem persisted after ruling out all other problems.  Yet I have to uphold my end of the contract by paying the monthly service fee while FIOS provides less than 100% of the contracted service.

Ironically, when I tried to pay my bill online yesterday, that service wasn't working either and I repeatedly got an error message.  But, I could pay by phone for a $4.50 fee.  Credit card companies don't charge a phone payment fee.

I'm shocked that I've had more problems in one month of FIOS than in 4 years with Comcast.  Wish I'd opted for the cheaper promotion w/o movie channels if this is how it is.  If anyone can help me, I would really appreciate it.

0 Likes
sdr19899

Im having the same problems and they have as yet been unable to fix it. My On-Demand and Pay-Per View are unusable due to pixillation and constant breaking up of the picture and sound.  I've rebooted, etc five times oer the past two days.  No dice. I just spent an entire evening with very upet 9 year olds hwo'd been promised movie night .  Future Comcast cusomers now.

0 Likes
YookEyer
Enthusiast - Level 1

My problem was solved.  I got on Chat and the Tech had me check my other TV.  That one had no problem with On Demand. So the Tech asked for the serial number of the problematic TV's box.  He checked something and then told me: "The issue is with QIP7232-P2 box".  Next, he rebooted my router remotely and then had me turn power to the box off and then reseat both ends of the coax.  When I powered the TV and box back up, On Demand was working!

0 Likes
dlh
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have had the same problem recently with 

• Model:QIP7100  and
  • Model:QIP7100-P2      I can usually get it to go away by rebooting my router and/or the settop. The problem is that disrupts all TVs and computers on the network and I'm not sure that is the real fix.
0 Likes
dlh
Enthusiast - Level 1

Forgot to mention that the problem is not universal. It may exist on one episode of "Blaze" or "Thomas" and not on another episode at the same time.

0 Likes
GWKTECHNOLOGIES

I've got the same probem as well - happens on all boxes - have the new Quantum Router and stll it happens - have had internet outages all week - I believe something to do with Internet connection stability and outside box - any other ideas?

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

VOD uses IP just like the Internet.
So if you are having Internet outages, your VOD will be affected as well.

0 Likes
handy2
Enthusiast - Level 2

Having the same problem with trying to have the on demand pixelation problem resolved> Don't know what to do next. May have to explore provider changes.

0 Likes