Tiling on one tv
cleones

I have read a lot of the forum's information regarding tiling/sound drop-out.  There doesn't seem to be a definitive answer or solution as each case varies. I have a HD STB in my bedroom, which has been tiling for about 3 days now. It happens on all channels, SD and HD and is pretty constant. There have been periods where for 2 or 3 minutes it stops, only to return.  I have gone through all the trouble-shooting steps, including, rebooting the STB, checking all connections and even replacing the coax cable from my wall jack to STB.  It was working again yesterday when I changed the cable, but this morning, the problem was back.  I don't know if it's significant, however, the FIOS widgets work with no tiling/interference/static.  Any help would be greatly appreciated, as my wife enjoys her morning hour of television while getting ready for work.  For those married out there, help a guy out to keep peace at home lol.  Thank you in advance.

0 Likes
Re: Tiling on one tv
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Do you have more than 1 STB?

If so, does it happen there?

If not, have you tried swapping them?

What do you get if you go to system information and then hit info? What is SNR?

0 Likes
cleones

First of all thank you for your quick response!  I do have other STB's in the house and will switch one later this morning.  The SNR value indicates "good" @ 33db..  I will let you know what happens when i switch boxes. Thanks Again!

0 Likes
cleones

Well, I just swapped boxes for another HD box in the house and I am STILL having the same problem. The SNR reading with the swapped box is "fair" @ 31db.  I guess this eliminates the STB being the issue.  Since the TV displays the FIOS widgets content correctly, I don't think it's the TV.  Any suggestions for what next? Thank you.

0 Likes
Telcoguru
Master - Level 1

I am leaning toward either a bad splitter or coax wire

0 Likes