Time and Channel on Cable Box
PaulWalsh1

Just picked up a HD Box Model QIP7100-p2,  Why isn't there a time or channel showing on the face ?

0 Likes
Re: Time and Channel on Cable Box
Justin46
Legend

@PaulWalsh1 wrote:

Just picked up a HD Box Model QIP7100-p2,  Why isn't there a time or channel showing on the face ?

Because that model does not have any LEDs to display them. Here is a link to the Users Guide if you do not have it:

http://onlinehelp.verizon.net/consumer/bin/pdf/7100p2_user_guide.pdf

Just makes the box cheaper for Verizon I guess.

Keller, TX 76248

PaulWalsh1

Thanks for the info, Can you tell me what model box I can request that will show the Channel and Time

0 Likes
Justin46
Legend

@PaulWalsh1 wrote:

Thanks for the info, Can you tell me what model box I can request that will show the Channel and Time

If you can get a QIP7100-P1 it has the display. There is no way via the web, as far as I know, to order a specific model. But if you have a Verizon store nearby that has STBs you might be able to get one there.

I just got two 7100-P1 STBs. I have only installed one so far, it seems to work fine, but it is a refurbished one, with surface blemishes. And the other one is refurbished also, looks worse on the outside, so will just have to see. If was really hopeing to get the P2, I don't particularly care about the time/channel.

Here is a link to the Verizon page which lists all of the STBs available:

http://www22.verizon.com/ResidentialHelp/FiOSTV/Receivers/Equipment+Issues/Top+Questions.htm

I doubt that you could get a Cisco model, they are only available in a limited area as I understand it.

Hope this helps.

Keller, TX 76248

mphare
Contributor - Level 2

@PaulWalsh1 wrote:

My 7232 shows time OR channel. A semantic difference, but important if you are really looking for time AND channel (at the same time)

spacedebris
Master - Level 2

Cisco boxes are only available to new customers in the Buffalo, NY area

Verizon recently discontinued many of the STB's.  The following have all been discontinued and are only available in areas that still have a stock on hand. You cannot request any of these by phone or by internet. You can only see if your local store has any in stock.

2500 p1, p2, p3

2508  (the old SD DVR)

7100 p1 (the one with the display on the front, it has been discontinued)

The 6416 and 7216 will shortly be discontinued as well. As soon as they have enough of the 7232's in stock to handle demand. The 6416 will be discontinued as soon as IMG 1.9 is out to the full country.

In the end (near future) the only STB's Verizon will have as new will be the

7100 p2 (no display)

7232  (DVR with 500Gb Hard Drive)

All STB's, with the exception of the 7100p2 have a display on the front.