Time not correct on DVR and STB
shmitty315

The time on my DVR and 2 other STBs never changed for Daylight Savings.  I have attempted the re-boot but no luck., time still incorrect  The guide matches the time so all programs are recording but would like time to be correct. 

0 Likes
Re: Time not correct on DVR and STB
Hubrisnxs
Legend

the auto correct option.   it's different than a reboot.    menu>customer support>in home agent>set top box auto correction.

roadrunnermoore
Enthusiast - Level 2

That worked, but still shouldn't have had to look it up and perform that step. Should change automatically.

jtarheel
Enthusiast - Level 3

My clock did okay for DST, but now it is abouot 20 minutes off.

0 Likes
yobigd20
I have 3 boxes that are all running 18 minutes slow. It's not like that is even a DST glitch as I'd expect that to be exactly an hour off, not 18 minutes.
0 Likes
yobigd20
Looks like they just reset something because they are all now showing the correct time.
0 Likes
fmendez93

I had the wrong time, after daylight savings began yesterday.

Although, it is unthinkable that a smart devices can't update its time from a NTP server today...

to fix it, I had to do the following, mind it a simple reboot didn't fix this issue.

I had to go to Menu \ Customer Support \ Top support Tools \ Fix FIOS TV issues

buried deep, but worked.

0 Likes
time not changing on set top box
tobiholt2

Our set top boxes have not updated for the time change on Sunday(either one)....I have unplugged and reset them, they still display the incorrect time.  How to update?

PJ

0 Likes
Re: time not changing on set top box
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Hello tobiholt2

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you.

Please go to your profile page for the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under “My Support Cases” you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions.

To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe".

Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
Re: time not changing on set top box
hod-dot-net

I think it's worth pointing out that this is happening pretty widely across the Verizon FiOS network.  It happened to my set top boxes and two different places I've been this week.  

The instructions on the website are outdated.  Please, Verizon, update them and, even better, find a way to update the time on all your set-top boxes so that they don't have this happen next time around 🙂

0 Likes