Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get it fast with In-store & curbside pickup or same day delivery.

Time on STB will not stay on

izzom
Contributor
Contributor

Time on STB will not stay on

Message 1 of 4
(3,192 Views)

I just had FIOS installed and it works great except for a few minor cliches.  One is that the after switching channels the STB never goes back to displaying the time.  I have checked my settings and it is set to show the time.  Another annoyance is that I can not edit my HD (non-DVR) box from FIOS TV Central.  With my multi-room DVR I can modify recordings and even favorites.  Does anyone have any advice.  Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3
ffrcoupe
Nickel Contributor
Nickel Contributor

Re: Time on STB will not stay on

Message 2 of 4
(3,185 Views)

@izzom wrote:

I just had FIOS installed and it works great except for a few minor cliches.  One is that the after switching channels the STB never goes back to displaying the time.  I have checked my settings and it is set to show the time.  Another annoyance is that I can not edit my HD (non-DVR) box from FIOS TV Central.  With my multi-room DVR I can modify recordings and even favorites.  Does anyone have any advice.  Thanks.

What is your STB displaying instead of the time?

On my QIP6416-2, I set the option at Menu, settings, set-top box, front display, and standby front display.

I'm having a similar problem with TV Central with a new DVR.

Jay401
Contributor
Contributor

Message 3 of 4
(3,178 Views)

It does it on mine as well.  I have the 7216.  It will show the channel instead of the time.  I haven't tested it too much because I just got it and have been testing out other functions.

I had to change the channel a few time before it started to go back to displaying the time.

tsauter
Silver Contributor II
Silver Contributor II

Message 4 of 4
(3,150 Views)

@izzom wrote:

Try the solution in this tread.

"If your problem has been solved, please mark it as such. Don't forget to hand out your Kudos!"
How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Have a spare Fios-G1100?Learn how to bridge it into your network
Get Started

Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.