Switch Account

Tivo compatible with Fios???

Tivo compatible with Fios???

Highlighted
Copper Contributor david0406
Copper Contributor
Message 1 of 5
(669 Views)

I have been offered an analog Tivo that has a lifetime license. Is it comapatible with my Verizon Fios TV service? It would be put on an analog TV that currently has only an OTA antenna connected to it. Thanks.

4 REPLIES 4
Gold Contributor V
Gold Contributor V
Message 2 of 5
(634 Views)

@david0406 wrote:

I have been offered an analog Tivo that has a lifetime license. Is it comapatible with my Verizon Fios TV service? It would be put on an analog TV that currently has only an OTA antenna connected to it. Thanks.

FiOS is not analog -- only digital.

Bronze Contributor II
Bronze Contributor II
Message 3 of 5
(619 Views)

Some older TiVo models will work with FiOS--newer models definitely do. I'm not positive about this but you may be able to transfer a TiVo lifetime license to a newer model TiVo if the older model doesn't work with FiOS.

Take a look at the following forum as I found them quite helpful when I was researching getting a TiVo:

http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb/index.php?

Copper Contributor david0406
Copper Contributor
Message 4 of 5
(599 Views)

@tlb wrote:

Some older TiVo models will work with FiOS--newer models definitely do. I'm not positive about this but you may be able to transfer a TiVo lifetime license to a newer model TiVo if the older model doesn't work with FiOS.

Take a look at the following forum as I found them quite helpful when I was researching getting a TiVo:

http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb/index.php?

So the older Tivo box would have to be able to convert the Fios digital signal to analog, is that correct? 

Bronze Contributor II
Bronze Contributor II
Message 5 of 5
(592 Views)

>>So the older Tivo box would have to be able to convert the Fios digital signal to analog, is that correct?

Sorry...I don't know enough about the technical aspects of various TiVo models to give you an definitive answer but I'm sure the tivocommunity.com forum would be able to help you with the details...

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.