Tivo compatible with Fios???
david0406
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have been offered an analog Tivo that has a lifetime license. Is it comapatible with my Verizon Fios TV service? It would be put on an analog TV that currently has only an OTA antenna connected to it. Thanks.

0 Likes
Re: Tivo compatible with Fios???
PJL
Master - Level 3

@david0406 wrote:

I have been offered an analog Tivo that has a lifetime license. Is it comapatible with my Verizon Fios TV service? It would be put on an analog TV that currently has only an OTA antenna connected to it. Thanks.

FiOS is not analog -- only digital.

0 Likes
tlb7
Contributor - Level 3

Some older TiVo models will work with FiOS--newer models definitely do. I'm not positive about this but you may be able to transfer a TiVo lifetime license to a newer model TiVo if the older model doesn't work with FiOS.

Take a look at the following forum as I found them quite helpful when I was researching getting a TiVo:

http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb/index.php?

0 Likes
david0406
Enthusiast - Level 2

@tlb wrote:

Some older TiVo models will work with FiOS--newer models definitely do. I'm not positive about this but you may be able to transfer a TiVo lifetime license to a newer model TiVo if the older model doesn't work with FiOS.

Take a look at the following forum as I found them quite helpful when I was researching getting a TiVo:

http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb/index.php?

So the older Tivo box would have to be able to convert the Fios digital signal to analog, is that correct? 

0 Likes
tlb7
Contributor - Level 3

>>So the older Tivo box would have to be able to convert the Fios digital signal to analog, is that correct?

Sorry...I don't know enough about the technical aspects of various TiVo models to give you an definitive answer but I'm sure the tivocommunity.com forum would be able to help you with the details...

0 Likes