Get gifts fast with In-Store & Curbside Pickup or same-day delivery.
Shop online or through the My Verizon app and get your holiday orders fast.
In-Store or Curbside Pickup:
• Orders must be placed from 8 AM – 5 PM, Mon – Sat, and Sun before 2 PM (excluding holidays).
• We’ll email you when your order is ready for pickup. Your order will be held for 3 days from the time it's placed.
• Please bring photo ID and credit/debit card only if used as payment.
• In-Store Pickup is available across the U.S. at participating Verizon Wireless stores.
• Curbside Pickup available at select stores.
• Same-day delivery is available in select areas.
• If same-day delivery is available for your order, you’ll be able to choose that option at checkout.
We are upgrading from a standard DVR to an HD DVR and would like to save/transfer some shows on our existing box. Is there a way to move these over via a memory card, direct hook-up, or something similar before we send the old box back? Also, is there a way to transfer some of these shows to a CD or DVD so that we can archive them for future access?
@Ninthwind wrote: We are upgrading from a standard DVR to an HD DVR and would like to save/transfer some shows on our existing box. Is there a way to move these over via a memory card, direct hook-up, or something similar before we send the old box back? Also, is there a way to transfer some of these shows to a CD or DVD so that we can archive them for future access?
Unfortunately, you cannot download or transfer shows from one DVR to another. Nor can you download or transfer shows from a DVR to a computer. That feature is exclusive to TiVo.
If you have a standalone DVD recorder connected to your DVR, you can press play on the DVR and then record on your DVD recorder. That would allow you to archive any desired programs to DVD, at the expense of some quality.
Edit: In your case, I would suggest keeping the SD DVR temporarily. Do all your new recording on the HD DVR, and return the SD DVR when you've finished watching whatever is on it. Verizon will send you a free shipping label.
Message Edited by KenAF on 07-10-2009 11:12 PM
If you are the original poster (OP) and your issue is solved, please remember to click the "Solution?" button so that others can more easily find it.
Then we could archive programs we would like to have long term (i.e. a news report that featured one of our projects) and watch our saved shows at our own pace while returning the current DVR so we're not continuing to pay the monthly rental for both units.
If this will work, will it be fairly evident from the manuals how to connect the recorder to the DVR, or is there a particular trick I should be aware of?