Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get gifts fast with In-Store & Curbside Pickup or same-day delivery.

Transferring my M-cards from my current Tivo to a New Tivo

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Transferring my M-cards from my current Tivo to a New Tivo

Message 1 of 2
(427 Views)

I have a Series 3 Tivo with the M-cards and I want to upgrade to a Tivo Premiere.  I know that the cards have to be paired to the new Tivo unit but I don't know what Verizon needs to do for it to happen.  Can I do this on the website logged in??  Do I need to have it done over the phone?  Can somebody please give me some info on the process.  Thank you in advance.

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III

Re: Transferring my M-cards from my current Tivo to a New Tivo

Message 2 of 2
(417 Views)

@rjohnson66 wrote:

I have a Series 3 Tivo with the M-cards and I want to upgrade to a Tivo Premiere.  I know that the cards have to be paired to the new Tivo unit but I don't know what Verizon needs to do for it to happen.  Can I do this on the website logged in??  Do I need to have it done over the phone?  Can somebody please give me some info on the process.  Thank you in advance.

I am pretty sure you can hot swap them, and no big deal.    But if it doesn't immediately work then do this.  Install your TIVO, hook it up to the internet first, Do the TIVO updates - and THEN call verizon to activate.   I am pretty sure you can just hot swap it though, but I would definetely do the updates first. 

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.