Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get gifts fast with In-Store & Curbside Pickup or same-day delivery.

Transferring saved recordings onto new DVR

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Transferring saved recordings onto new DVR

Message 1 of 10
(22,540 Views)

My STB started to falter recently and I had to get a replacement. There are still a lot of saved programs I haven't gotten around to watching. Is there a way to import these from my old box onto the new before I ship it back to Verizon?'

Thank you for any help

9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted
Nickel Contributor
Nickel Contributor

Re: Transferring saved recordings onto new DVR

Message 2 of 10
(22,526 Views)

Sorry, there is no way to transfer dvr content.

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Message 3 of 10
(22,520 Views)

What will happen in the saved message on old DVR?

Highlighted
Gold Contributor IV
Gold Contributor IV

Re: Transferring saved recordings onto new DVR - References

Message 4 of 10
(22,493 Views)

@realjohne wrote:

My STB started to falter recently ... there are still a lot of saved programs ... Is there a way to import these from my old box onto the new before I ship it back to Verizon? ...

Not directly, but if you want to go to a bit of trouble, there are methods to save the material to disk.  Here are a few references:

http://forums.verizon.com/t5/FiOS-TV-Technical-Assistance/Transfer-from-DVR/m-p/595795#M44855

http://forums.verizon.com/t5/FiOS-TV-Technical-Assistance/Saving-DVR-programs-before-I-upgrade-to-ne...

http://forums.verizon.com/t5/FiOS-TV-Technical-Assistance/Replacement-DVR-and-external-hard-drive/m-...

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Message 5 of 10
(20,464 Views)

Can I save my recordings to my computer so to not loose when I change out your equipment to the new fios 6-record system?

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Message 6 of 10
(20,428 Views)

Unfortunately, due to copyright law and Verizon's contractural agreements with various channel providers, they are unable to make it so that you can transfer your recordings from one medium to another.  This is to combat internet piracy of various kinds.

Highlighted
Platinum Contributor III Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III

Message 7 of 10
(20,417 Views)

If you computer has a video input, yes. You can play the content on yor old dvr and record it.

Or you can do it to a DVD recorder.
But no direct elctronic way to transfer.

If a forum member gives an answer you like, give them the Kudos they deserve. If a member gives you the answer to your question, mark the answer as Accepted Solution so others can see the solution to the problem.
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Message 8 of 10
(17,820 Views)

Wouldn't it work to just hang on to the old dvr, plug it into a HTML port, if avaiable, and watch it like a DVD player?  Use a weekend for catching up, then send the box back.

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Message 9 of 10
(671 Views)

This makes no sense....   you can just as easy record any video you like on your own DVR.   Then you have the content in your possession...   how do any laws stop that?  

Highlighted
Moderator Moderator

Message 10 of 10
(664 Views)

In order to keep discussion on the community current, this topic has been locked to prevent new replies. If you have a similar question or issue that you wish to discuss, then please feel free to post a new message on the most relevant board. Thanks!

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.